April 18, 2024, 01:13:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SUGGESTION: Add "Favourites" as a Browser Filter  (Read 4159 times)

craftycurate

SUGGESTION: Add "Favourites" as a Browser Filter
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:43:33 am »
There is no way to filter for favourite patches, and it's just got worse with update v2.0.2.98 which has removed column sorting in the patch list.

Could "Favourites" be added to the Search Panel so we can filter for Favorite patches, as was possible in AL1?

Thanks
Richard

turbo_kev

Re: SUGGESTION: Add "Favourites" as a Browser Filter
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 11:27:49 pm »
Hi I think it still works  if your not in play lists
for me anyway it works ok but not in  play lists

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

craftycurate

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:43:29 pm »
The column sorting is a bug which will be fixed in an upcoming release.

The key thing here is that there is no quick way to Filter for Favourite patches in the Search panel in AL2. This was possible in AL1 but there is no tag or category for Favourites that will allow only only Favourite patches to be viewed in the patch list.

turbo_kev

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:02:46 am »
yes there is

it just don't show up if your in a play list or arturi picks view

try selecting say miniv  and it works

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

craftycurate

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 02:01:57 pm »
I think we're talking about different things here. The Favourites can be shown in the patch list, but they cannot be Searched for in the Search panel, unless I'm missing something. There isn't any "Favorite" tag in any of the Search catgories.

There needs to be a much easier way to filter for Favorite patches.

turbo_kev

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:48:07 pm »
Arrrhhh  I see what you mean now

but I still don't think its much of a problem
because in the patch view , you just select favourites
from the drop down menu and they all show up with little hearts next to them

why would you need to search when your whole lists of favs are listed

you can now even make a favourite by clicking next to the little o or oo
instead / as well as doing it in the patch info pain

I have about 100 favs  and for me I just select favorite
and they all show up in alphabetical order

or am I still not understanding what you mean

cheers
Kev

craftycurate

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 04:23:32 pm »
You could apply that same argument to any Tag and say "why would you need to search for anything" like Mini V or Bass sounds? You could just scroll up and down the list of 5000 patches and look for what you want, but that would miss out on the benefits of the new system.

I want to see all my favourite patches quickly by filtering the list, and this was possible in AL1 and it would be great to have it included in AL2.

If anyone from Arturia reads this, could this please be made a feature request, and if there is a better place to post feature requests, where should I send it?

Thanks.

turbo_kev

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 06:13:20 pm »
I am still not sure what you mean

do you want to be able to search for all favourites made by mini v
or all favourites  made by miniv that are pad sounds

etc etc

if this is what you mean  then yes its a good idea
but would only come in to use if you have shed loads of favourites
how many favourites have you got?   ziliiions ?

cheers
kev 

craftycurate

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 03:50:43 pm »
Let's keep this simple. I'd like to be able to filter my Favourite patches in the Search panel in some way. Which section it goes in needs to be thought about, but the most logical is that it appears in the Bank section maybe.

Anyways, I'm not getting into an endless discussion to argue the case for why it would be useful. It's something that would be helpful in my workflow, so I'd like to submit a feature request.

Would anyone from Arturia care to comment?

Thanks
Richard

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 11:18:30 am »
Hi !

Just to be 100% sure about what you are asking for, Kev mentioned that Favorites can be a sorting category which you can display on top of the rest if you sort by favorite (as shown on my screenshot, works here on 2.0.2.98). Are you already aware of this ?

If yes, then what you are asking for is Favorite to be added as a filter as well, so that only favorite are displayed when this filter is active, am I correct ?

craftycurate

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 01:57:15 pm »
Hi Victor

Yes, that's exactly right - to be available as a Filter category as it was in AL1. I know the column sorting method is available but it would be a lot simpler to have it as a Filter category.

Cheers
Richard

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines