April 07, 2020, 06:55:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with touch and stylus interface  (Read 1037 times)

laban77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Problem with touch and stylus interface
« on: June 14, 2016, 02:27:32 pm »
I am using a Microsoft Surface tablet (full Windows 10) to run Analog Lab 2. Although the resize feature is welcome, I now have other issues using it without a mouse.

* It is very difficult to hit anything by touch using a finger. This worked much better in AL1. It's as if the hit area for any selection is a lot smaller than it appears to be.

* The entire interface freezes when I use the active stylus. Again, it worked in AL1.

Is it just me or do others have similar problems? Maybe I'm the only one sitting at a piano with no proper desk or mouse. Anyway, I'm holding off with upgrading the entire V collection because of this. It simply will not work for me.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Problem with touch and stylus interface
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 09:42:37 am »
Hi laban77,

thanks for reporting this, we'll investigate further on this one. Just in case, could you download a demo version of another VC5 instrument, just to see if this issue still happens on all VC5 instruments?

Best,

Edouard_Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 10:00:25 am »
Hi !

I'm not a tablet expert att all, but I saw users which had problems with the touch and VSTs.

In some cases, the issue disappeared by:

1/ Deactivating the Windows Ink feature.
Or
2/ Setting the Mode to Mouse instead of Pen.

It should work the same for most tablets brands (hopefully)

I worth to have a try.

Best

Ed
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:10:05 am by Edouard_Arturia »
Edouard Arturia

laban77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 11:08:04 pm »
Sorry that I haven't checked back to this topic for so long. I returned here because there is a nice offer right now to upgrade the V Collection.

I tried the demo version of the new CS-80, with mixed results. Piano keys, pitch strip, sliders and knobs works perfectly fine with touch. Sadly all buttons (on/off type) do not work at all with touch. Neither does the menu at the top (apart from previous/next sound).

It's really an interesting upgrade offer but I can't spend that kind of money for something half-working. Is this something you are working on? Can I expect a fix for these issues if I were to go with the current upgrade offer?

laban77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 12:38:28 pm »
This video shows pretty much the problems (not just in AL2 but in the whole V Collection 5):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqls-3WLxY

* Touch doesn't work for menus.
* Touch works sometimes when just pressing items (sometimes double-click works).
* Touch works brilliantly for knobs and sliders.

Like he says it's nearly there, and just imagine how close we are to a portable 17-in-1 analog synth by just placing a Microsoft Surface on the music stand!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines