April 18, 2024, 05:35:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 5 unstable in Mainstage  (Read 2447 times)

pauldillen

V Collection 5 unstable in Mainstage
« on: June 12, 2016, 04:08:00 pm »
Upgraded V Collection from v4 to v5. Before had no MainStage stability issues. Now it crashed 2x during a live concert, not fun :-(

I also get occasional CPU overload peaks (>100%; MainStage load monitor shows up to 300%, whatever that means), resulting in short silences of say 0.5 seconds. Not sure if this is related to the crashes.

AFAIK I have not updated or changed anything else.

Configuration:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
CPU 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Mac OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)

Mainstage 3.2.4

MotU 828mkII via Thunderbolt-to-Firewire adapter (original Apple)

alexkeyboards

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V Collection 5 unstable in Mainstage
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:38:00 pm »
I have the exact same experience. At first there are brief pauses in sound and response to mouse gestures with or without silence, then the length of the pauses increases to the point that they can exceed a minute. Finally, if you don't quit MainStage and restart it, it crashes altogether.

This problem actually started with Solina V on VC4. I was told a new (paid for) version was coming that might fix the problem, but instead it duplicated it on every plugin in VC5. I have had to disable all VC5 plugins to use MainStage with my VC4 (minus Solina) plugins.

MainStage just released an updated version, 3.2.4, which stated that it addressed some stability issues, and I promptly downloaded it, but it did not help. Using only the Synclavier V plugin, MainStage 3.2.4 still has the same stability, latency and crashing issues that is threaded through all of VC5.

My configuration is a Mac Mini with 3.0 GHz I7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB Solid State Flash Drive and the built in audio. I have a small 1920x1080 monitor connected to the HDMI port.

waltercruz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V Collection 5 unstable in Mainstage
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 03:51:50 am »
I couldn't do a proper test on Mainstage cause I'm still having issues with activation on Mac, as described in this post.

I get my V-Collection 4 (updated) plugins without authorization, and worse: they come back to the default patch. I was about to use Arturia plugins with my Pink Floyd gig next week, but I can't trust these plugins. The same happens with the old plugins, sometimes I open then and they are not authorized and reseted to the default patch.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines