April 18, 2024, 09:53:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pitch bend ???  (Read 4860 times)

sminami

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Pitch bend ???
« on: June 12, 2016, 05:35:40 am »
Is pitch bend function omitted ???
In order to play Keith Emerson,  pitch bend or rotator-kill-switch function is essential ;-)

LBH

Re: Pitch bend ???
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 02:13:01 pm »
What B3 hardware organ have pitch bend?
I agree it could be nice to have the option. Afterall this is modern software, and a optional pitch bend would not be further away from the original than the LFO, Multi envelope and step sequencer.

Have not tried to assign the pichbend/ wheel to the drawbars. But i hope it - and other-  controls can be manually assigned multiple drawbars. Else i would like that feature too, even if each drawbar allready can be assign to a single control.

sminami

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:12:20 am »
Agreed.

Correction:
wrong:     In order to play Keith Emerson,  pitch bend or rotator-kill-switch function is essential ;-)
true:        In order to play Keith Emerson,  tonewheels-motor-off-switch or pitch bend function is essential ;-)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:14:25 am by sminami »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:30:21 am »
Sorry - now i got your drift.
You mean to do something like around 0:54 in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtM0gNYlJ74

Sure authentic thing to get yes.

sminami

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 02:53:30 am »
That''s it ! Thanks :-)

And, R.I.P. Keith Emerson,
He's the greatest.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 01:50:51 pm »
Agreed.

Correction:
wrong:     In order to play Keith Emerson,  pitch bend or rotator-kill-switch function is essential ;-)
true:        In order to play Keith Emerson,  tonewheels-motor-off-switch or pitch bend function is essential ;-)
Pitch bend alone can't emulate the effect; you also have to have volume control as well. The original Hammond tonewheel organs actually had two switches - Start and Run. The Start switch was a momentary switch used to start the rotor motor running and when things were up to pitch you flipped on the Run switch to keep things going and you released the momentary Start switch. The reason for volume control is this sequence also powers up the whole organ and the tubes need time to warm up and produce sound. So you can see it's not an easy thing to emulate with just pitch bend. In later versions of the tonewheel organs Hammond changed things so only one switch was needed.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines