March 28, 2024, 07:48:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: latency on v piano  (Read 9496 times)

danaz1989

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
latency on v piano
« on: June 11, 2016, 01:13:29 pm »
hi guys!! i'm trying the collection v demos! i have a bit of latency only on the piano v (128 samplerate)! how can i solve it?? in the other instruments i don't have any issues! thanks a lot! you guys did an incredible job! i'll buy the collection for shure today!

LBH

Re: latency on v piano
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »
Can you elaborate what latencu issue you have? Delay, distortion?

I guess you mean you use 128 samples buffer size.
Please also provide the used samplerate, and if you have USB buffer settings those too.

Please also provide your computer specs.

Is it in both standalone version and as plug-in you have the issue?
If the issue is in your DAW, then what DAW are you using and what is the soundcard settings for your DAW?

EDIT: It's true that Piano V can use a lot of CPU power. For instance if you play lots of notes - especially in the low range - while using sustain pedal.

A buffer at 128 samples can need a very good computer and soundcard - especially if you play in demanding ways. The higher samplerates you use in addition to this,  the better your gear has to be.

You can set Piano V to use multiple cores if you have'nt and has multicore CPU. That can help some.

Arturia i suggest you put in a parameter to select the max number of voices to be used. This also can help on how much CPU power is used and needed.
I can't seem to find such a parameter.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:13:28 pm by LBH »

danaz1989

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 01:35:34 pm »
hi! thanks for the reply!! so my mac is mac book pro 2015  2,2 ghz intel core i7, 16gb ram, the latency is a delay when you play in 128 sample rate on standalone mode and logic pro x.

danaz1989

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 02:35:10 pm »
audio interface motu 8 pre usb2

LBH

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 02:48:59 pm »
Your welcome.

It still can't be 128 samplerate you mean. Please read my post again.

But 2.2. GHz clockspeed CPU is not too much when using demanding plug-ins and/ or when playing demanding stuff like described in my earlier post. Especially not with a buffersize at 128 samples, like i guess you are meaning.

As said you can turn on the using Multicore in the bottom panel of Piano V. that might help a little bit.
You can also raise your buffersize to 256 - 512 samples even if this might create a little delay you might fell when playing. Low buffer settings takes much CPU power - high buffer settings takes less CPU power.
Also you can be sure you use a samplerate at 44100 or 48000 KHz  - what's working best overall - for you soundcard. Higher samplerates needs faster system - more CPU power.

Unfortunately you can't limit the number of voices used, but i hope it will come. When playing in certain ways, this could help a lot.

But still you need a much better CPU in addition to a good fast soundcard to be able to run very demanding stuff using 128 samples buffer size. Especially if the application run on only a single core. At least Piano V can use multiple cores.

You posted about your soundcard while i was writing. I don't know about that soundcard.
If it has USB buffer then don't set it too low. If it's there then you should be able to read in the soundcard manual or on the soundcard website how to set the settings proper. It don't change the above.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:55:55 pm by LBH »

jackn2mpu

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 01:21:25 am »
audio interface motu 8 pre usb2
Your MacBookPro has USB3 ports and there are certain instances where those have been found to have problems with USB2 devices even though those are supposed to be compatible. iLok2 dongles don't like USB3 ports and the usual remedy is to run a powered USB2 hub between the iLok and the computer.

Have you installed the latest drivers from MOTU?

The V Pianos are modeled and they will suck up cpu horsepower like crazy. Have you optimized your computer for audio work? Try running VPianos at a lower sample rate of 44.1 KHz and see what happens. That 128 figure is NOT sample rate.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

scherbakov.al

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 12:05:11 pm »
I have a delay. 128 samples. Map E-mu 0204 48000Hz. The processor 2x2.53. Too much delay. Pianoteq with these settings instantly!

jackn2mpu

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 12:47:14 pm »
I have a delay. 128 samples. Map E-mu 0204 48000Hz. The processor 2x2.53. Too much delay. Pianoteq with these settings instantly!
Further system info please. How is your music keyboard connected to your computer? Are you running inside a daw or standalone? What else do you have running on your computer?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

scherbakov.al

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 01:02:17 pm »
I have KAWAI VPC-1 connected directly to the computer via usb. There are no problems with the delay with other tools from Arturia. I tried a lot of demo tools and there's no problems with them with a delay. Only the piano V.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 01:15:40 pm »
I have KAWAI VPC-1 connected directly to the computer via usb. There are no problems with the delay with other tools from Arturia. I tried a lot of demo tools and there's no problems with them with a delay. Only the piano V.
You haven't answered all the questions I asked. Need more info on your system than what you've written. Inside a daw or standalone (that makes a huge difference)? What else is running on your computer at the same time?

How fast are you playing your keyboard? It's possible to play fast enough to outstrip what the computer can follow.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

scherbakov.al

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 01:59:21 pm »
You haven't answered all the questions I asked. Need more info on your system than what you've written. Inside a daw or standalone (that makes a huge difference)? What else is running on your computer at the same time?

How fast are you playing your keyboard? It's possible to play fast enough to outstrip what the computer can follow.
The Mac OS X system 10.9.5. It is installed on Lenovo Y650. (Hackintosh). I run the program offline. When playing through the Ableton, the delay is slightly less. I do not run more programs. (Dropbox in the background and f.lux ..)

jackn2mpu

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 02:59:41 pm »

The Mac OS X system 10.9.5. It is installed on Lenovo Y650. (Hackintosh). I run the program offline. When playing through the Ableton, the delay is slightly less. I do not run more programs. (Dropbox in the background and f.lux ..)
You're running a hack - no wonder you're having issues; don't expect any kind of support from Arturia with this. So you're also online at the same time and that's never a good idea. Have no idea what f.lux is.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines