April 19, 2024, 07:55:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Change bank name issue  (Read 2030 times)

LBH

Change bank name issue
« on: June 09, 2016, 11:34:29 pm »
this is from MINI V3 manual.
"Click Edit and then make the desired changes, either by typing in one of the fields or by using a pull-down menu to change the Bank or Type. You can even add new Characteristics by clicking the + sign at the end of that list. Click Save when you are done."

When i change the bank name typing a new bank name and save as described, then when i re.open i suddenly have two presets. If i then try to delete one of them, both of them are deleted. This seems to be a bug else it's not possible to cahnge bank name this way.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Change bank name issue
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:26:08 am »
Hi LBH,
in order for me to reproduce this correctly, could you tell me more about the steps you followed to encounter  this issue (preset name /bank , factory or user? ...)

Best,

LBH

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 10:58:18 pm »
Hi Germain,

To simulate what i did/ do. I have had the same issue in SEM2 and i guess it's the same in other applications.
1. Create a preset.
2. Press "Save as"
3. Fill in the Attributes a give for this eksperiment give it the Bank name "Test 1"
4. Press "OK"
All is fine.
5. Now press "Edit" to edit the Attributes - and type the Bank name "Test 2" instead. Now things looks fine having the preset and the bank Test 2 while bank Test 1 no longer exist.
6. Close the application and re-open it.
7. Click your bank Test 2 - and you suddenly see your preset twice in that bank. - That's wrong.
8. Now select one of those two presets and press "Delete" to delete the one selected (wrong) preset. It looks like the one preset has been deleted.
9. Close the applcation and re-open it, and now your bank Test 2 no longer exist. You no longer have your preset. That's wrong.

Best

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 03:30:39 am »
There are still major issues in the applications regarding things like this.

When you try to edit a user saved preset using the "EDIT" button and change attributes, then it can go very wrong. Sometimes you get the behavior i have described above, and i have even lost a preset just by trying to change attributes this way without using "Delete" at any time.

It should be possible to change attributes for a preset without having to use "Save as". What else is the "EDIT" button for?
How else to reorganize in an easy manor?

It's a major issue.

Just had the issue in modular. I think it's a general issue in VC5.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines