April 20, 2024, 12:41:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Multiple Instances issue? (In Studio One)  (Read 2773 times)

skijumptoes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Multiple Instances issue? (In Studio One)
« on: June 09, 2016, 11:14:33 am »
HI There,

Using Studio One Pro on OSX, when i load up 3 or more instances of Analog Lab 2 in a project the third instance is black and i'm unable to navigate the interface, is this a known bug does anyone know?

I'm yet to try it with another DAW.

Edit: Just tried with Logic X and all is fine, so looks like a Studio One issue.

I can get round it by freezing the instances to audio tracks, so i only have one instance loaded at a time, but it would be nice to know the cause of this issue and/or if anyone else experiences it.

Thanks
Leon
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:42:56 pm by skijumptoes »

LBH

Re: Multiple Instances issue? (In Studio One)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 07:17:04 pm »
I use Studio One 3.2.2 Professionel.

On my main computer i have just tried to load 10 instances of Analog Lab- apparantly  without any issues like you describe. Controls run fine.
I'm on Windows 10 have a i7 Sandy bridge and using SSD's and only Intel HD 4000 graphics.

Have you checked how much of you computers ressources is used?
Studio One is not the most CPU efficient DAW around for instance. Wish it was as CPU effeicient as it's relative easy and straight forward to use.

skijumptoes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 07:34:39 pm »
Hi, thanks for checking, so it's possible to be an OSX issue, or it could just be my setup of course! :)

And yes, CPU efficiency is exactly why i was loading it up so many times as i've only just started with Studio One, i only had 3 Analog Lab(2) plugins running and it started displaying these symptoms, normally i would only have 1-2.

And yup Studio One not the most efficient hence why i was seeing how many plugins i could load up, i moved from Logic which is one of the best for efficiency.

However, the Transform to Audio function is so so great in Studio One, it knocks all other freeze modes i've tried on other DAW's out of the park - it renders audio (with tail), then unloads the plugin, yet stores it's setup within the same track so you can revert back at anytime you want - simply incredible, and it means you can open projects on machines that don't have your plugins installed on them, great for future proofing projects.

fnors13

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:50:21 pm »
I have the same problem in Ableton Live and Reaper in Windows 10 .
In ableton 8 instances have sound. From 9 does not sound instance by loading the saved project.
In Reaper from 8 instance no sound.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines