April 24, 2024, 10:26:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Presets Sound Different Between Mini V 2 and Mini V 3  (Read 4275 times)

bradAU

Presets Sound Different Between Mini V 2 and Mini V 3
« on: June 18, 2016, 03:39:44 pm »
Hi, I am experiencing a situation where presets of the same name in both Mini V 2 and Mini V 3 have quite different sounds to each other. 
Some examples are:
Meditation
Galaxy
Assuming that it possible that a future update will attempt to move the presets from V Collection lV to V Collection V so that users can reduce space used by only running one version of V Collection and also have less duplicate presets (in name at least) then it seems to me to be quite important to ensure that the presets in the newer version have the same sound as their predecessor in V Collection lV. In any case those that have already been included should at least have the same sound as their predecessor and for those that don't perhaps a different name would be better.

I hope someone can confirm that they are also experiencing this just so I know it's not some other issue. Thank you.

LBH

Re: Presets Sound Different Between Mini V 2 and Mini V 3
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 06:28:11 pm »
Presets made in the old versions don't sound the same. Especially not when using the excact same parameter settings.
Some might sound more alike than others. Especially the emphasis parameter is very different.
Therefor old presets included in the new applications should have been reworked and checked to be in VC5.

Arturia do the upcomming preset converter correct for the differences?

bradAU

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 06:39:32 pm »
Thank you.
Hopefully Arturia will do some work on the Upcoming Convertor that you mentioned so that the parameters are the same.
I shall wait and see.

jeffbart

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 03:06:09 am »
Hi
I understand the new factory presets will/may sound different than the old versions, and I gather Arturia would have 'improved' or optimised them for the new features.  It would not make sense to create new software and demonstrate it with ten year old presets. Realistically, if you absolutely require the old preset you can always just use the V2 app.

However, for my user created presets I really, really hope that the promised preset converter will be able to render them as faithfully as possible in the new V3 format.

If that can be done for my user presets, then perhaps the legacy factory presets could be converted similarly, and re-released as optional banks.

This would be the best way forward from the users' perspective, and hopefully across all the updated Collection 5 apps.

cheers Jeff

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:10:46 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 03:36:31 pm »
I understand the new factory presets will/may sound different than the old versions, and I gather Arturia would have 'improved' or optimised them for the new features.  It would not make sense to create new software and demonstrate it with ten year old presets.

Hi,

Arturia do use old presets with the excact same parameter settings. Nothing is changed.

What new features do you mean?

jeffbart

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 07:12:23 am »
I haven't done any side by side comparisons but just assumed that they have tweaked and adjusted their existing presets to be better for "improved sound engine". Are we saying they are just the same ol' presets, nothing has been changed?!
I know the names have been revised......is that all?

Cheers Jeff
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:14:00 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:39:36 pm »
Only names has been adjusted, and i believe mostly only removing the auther "names" from the preset name. Parameter settings is the same. (The presets the OP mention are examples for this.)
It's the same in other applications.

There are some new presets too. But most presets are old and unchanged.
The unchanged presets can't show the new applications strengths on purpose, as they are not created on them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines