March 30, 2024, 08:27:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Animation between time frames in time slices not appearing  (Read 3918 times)

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Animation between time frames in time slices not appearing
« on: June 08, 2016, 10:00:33 pm »
In the video (Arturia Synclavier Tutorial Part 2) on youtube at around 15:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WYysymzXz4

In the video there's an animation, a dot that moves from frame to frame while playing a note on the keyboard (in the time slices section timeline).
This animation doesn't exist on my version, there is no dot, nothing moving. I have the PC version.
I have tried on different presets and as instructed on video.
Is this a bug? is this only working on the MAC version?
Please fix this for the PC version.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:38:39 am by Karamba »

LBH

Re: Animation between time frames in time slices not appearing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 12:56:29 am »
Animation work here on Windows 10.

Just in case this is it: Please note that you only see the animation if the selected/ viewed partial is turned "on". You need to turn the partial "on" by turning the volume for that partial up either in the SCR mixer or by using the volume in the exspanded front pages Partial setting section for that individual partial.
So be sure you have selected to view a partial that is "on" to see the animation. Perhaps this is missing in the video?

Hope this is it.

The video really helps to get started. Thanks.
Another video for the the rest of the functions like the User and wave select buttons on the Time slice page and the vibrato and stereo, keydynamics and the Settings Tab in the SCR could be nice too.

The Copy/Paste functions are awesome.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:03:55 am by LBH »

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 07:16:49 am »
Thank you LBH!

It seems to work now after checking what you mentioned. I'll keep an eye on this.
I'm in love with the Synclavier and I think it's becoming my favourite of Arturia. Put me in a cell with a synth and Arturia VST's for the rest of my life and I'm a happy man lol :)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 05:52:46 pm »
Your welcome Karamba  :)
Glad it work and i could help.

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 09:40:16 am »
Actually, the issue is still there. The animation doesn't work anymore even when selecting the partial and what was mentioned above. Somehow sometimes it does work, it isn't stable or is there anything else I'm missing?

Tested with "Jobton Wonky Flutes" preset:
After further testing this happens when opened as a VST in ableton, no animation is present between timeframes.
Trying the same thing in the Akai MPC renaissance software, opened as a vst, the animation works.

So something isn't right.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:47:47 am by Karamba »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 07:16:54 pm »
Is it when you are using only one instance as a plug-in it happens? Or is it when you are using multiple instances as a plug-in?
There seem to be a bug with the animation not working when you use multiple instances as plug-in.

Have you seen this thread?: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=88048.0#msg133049

What you exsperience can be a periodic fault. The problem with periodic faults is they are hard to recreate. But perhaps it's the same fault as in the thread i link to.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:20:52 pm by LBH »

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 07:59:06 pm »
Is it when you are using only one instance as a plug-in it happens? Or is it when you are using multiple instances as a plug-in?
There seem to be a bug with the animation not working when you use multiple instances as plug-in.

Have you seen this thread?: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=88048.0#msg133049

What you exsperience can be a periodic fault. The problem with periodic faults is they are hard to recreate. But perhaps it's the same fault as in the thread i link to.

Thanks for your feedback, you're right about the second instance!

I was able to reproduce the error:

1) I open the Synclavier VST in Ableton. Patch "Initialize system". Animations show up between timeslices, everything seems ok.

2) I open a second Synclavier VST to a new track. Patch "Initialize system". Animations do not appear between timeframes. Does not work.

I haven't looked beyond animations of time frames but I suspect some other nice surprises will come along.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 08:26:55 pm »
Thanks for additional info Karamba.

Your infos can help Arturia.

There seems to be something wrong somewhere.

Hagen11

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 10:30:03 am »
Hi I get the same problems, and sometimes the time slices are not working anymore just a static sound using the basic slice

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines