March 29, 2024, 01:28:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Oscillator 2 filter section Bug ?  (Read 2890 times)

martinl

Oscillator 2 filter section Bug ?
« on: June 05, 2016, 07:58:12 pm »
I noticed that when selecting the preset '12' (white button) for oscillator 2, it seems that the whole filter section is bypassed. It does work for the other presets.

jeffbart

Re: Oscillator 2 filter section Bug ?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 01:05:20 pm »
Re your other post. So Preset 12 takes you back to the panel state before you selected a preset.
It appears to do this.
However, if you select Preset 12 *before* selecting any other preset, Preset 12 zeros out each parameter, disables filters etc.
It is only once you select another preset that the subsequent Preset 12 works correctly.

I don't know enough to know if this is a bug, or if this is the design intention. Whatever, it's odd behaviour.
It's not documented in the manual so I have no guide to what it's meant to really do.

Perhaps Preset 12 should be loaded with the panel settings of the patch as soon as a patch is loaded, so that if Preset 12 is pressed *before* any other preset, it will still have meaningful values ( the patch just loaded). I think V2 implements Preset 12 like this.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:22:55 pm by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

martinl

filter section Bug for preset "12" ?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:30:01 pm »
Unfortunately, the bug relating the filter section not working when selecting preset 12 (the white button) is still not resolved.

Here is how I can reproduce the bug in the stand-alone on Win7:

1) Select any preset from the the browser, e.g. the default preset.
2) Press button (12) on the GUI: This resets all sliders for that DCO-line to default, i.e. no sound from that line.
3) Select a waveform (e.g. saw) and increase the VCF level, the total level and the sustain to get a sound from this VCO.

You will notice that you hear a bright sound, despite the low pass filter being closed by default. Changing any of the filter sliders does not affect the sound.

The same holds for the second VCO line.

Selecting any other preset button (other than 12) does not have the problem.

Asides that filter related problem, I think that pressing '12' should recall the settings of the patch rather than resetting everything to zero.

It would be great if somebody could confirm that bug, so that Arturia has reason to fix it.

Cheers,
Martin

jeffbart

Re: Oscillator 2 filter section Bug ?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 07:24:32 am »
I confirm it's not working for me too. Preset 12 behaves correctly in V2, and it is broken in V3.

It was not listed as a fixed issue in the release notes of 3.0.2.98

cheers Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines