March 29, 2024, 02:48:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Continued support for V Collection 4 (non upgraded)?  (Read 1591 times)

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
Continued support for V Collection 4 (non upgraded)?
« on: June 05, 2016, 07:56:08 pm »
I was not willing to fork out money to buy the upgraded instruments in my existing V Collection 4 install as I am very happy with it. For one thing - I believe that the enhancements (even if they are reworking of the existing synths) should be free to existing users. I let my feelings be known to Arturia but sadly got the standard company line back.

I understand that there are development costs in V Collection 5. However, those costs and the associated upgrades to V Collection 4 should be borne out of new sales/upgrades to V Collection 5 and NOT by existing users of V Collection 4.

Anyway, I seem to be in a minority and am sticking with my V Collection 4 as is. My concern is regarding continued support. Seeing that there are now upgrades to my version there seems to be two branches of V Collection 4 - those that have upgraded and those that have not. How long will I be supported (if at all from now on)?

LBH

Re: Continued support for V Collection 4 (non upgraded)?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:35:14 pm »
I was not willing to fork out money to buy the upgraded instruments in my existing V Collection 4 install as I am very happy with it. For one thing - I believe that the enhancements (even if they are reworking of the existing synths) should be free to existing users. I let my feelings be known to Arturia but sadly got the standard company line back.

I understand that there are development costs in V Collection 5. However, those costs and the associated upgrades to V Collection 4 should be borne out of new sales/upgrades to V Collection 5 and NOT by existing users of V Collection 4.

Anyway, I seem to be in a minority and am sticking with my V Collection 4 as is. My concern is regarding continued support. Seeing that there are now upgrades to my version there seems to be two branches of V Collection 4 - those that have upgraded and those that have not. How long will I be supported (if at all from now on)?

As i understand then not upgraded VC4 applications will not be updated.

But the VC4  applications should be updated/ bugfixed for some years at least. And major bugs should be free to get fixed, as VC4 owners else have paid for a damaged product without getting the needed updates to get the product running like it shuould and like VC4 owners actually have paid for to work.
I suggest Arturia do so as that would be right.

New things like new browser, new soundengine and perhaps resizeable GUI's can be charged even if some of that allready should have been done in VC4, but VC4 owners should not be forced to get those new things and to pay for them to get major bugs in the rather new VC4 product they allready own fixed. This forced upgrade to get a relative new VC4 product fixed for factory damages, that even should have been fixed a long time ago, should not be legal no matter if it's Arturia or anyone else, and i wonder if it is.

masi

Re: Continued support for V Collection 4 (non upgraded)?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 08:57:14 am »
But the VC4  applications should be updated/ bugfixed for some years at least.

They haven't done it in the (recent) past so why? Many of the VC4 plugins have glitches that could probably fixed with little effort. Yet it hasn't happened. Now that VC5 is out the owners of the collection can only hope that the developers are allowed to spend time to fix issues in the new collection. I'm rather disallusioned when it comes to closed source software. Only a few companies care about buggy products. But I haven't seen the evolution of Arturia's plugins. Perhaps they have improved over time and I do Arturia dishonour.

Masi

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines