March 28, 2024, 07:40:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SOLVED by skijumptoes after watching the tutorial video by sebastien  (Read 5605 times)

turbo_kev

Hi
After watching the Analog 2 tutorial on you tube by Sebastien

I noticed that in Studio view he clicked on various synths and played the keyboard and got sounds
from the selected synth, then he clicked on < > keys and the sounds changed

for me this does not work   I get the same sound no matter what synth I select and  clicking on < >  does not change the preset

has anybody else got this problem or is it only me ?

or has this something to do with the upgrade.  IE you have to have the new versions of  synths to be able to do this

cheers
Kev
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:04:50 am by turbo_kev »
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: after watching the tutorial video by sebastien
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 05:48:39 pm »
Works for me as shown in that video. I have not yet updated to any of the new versions of the synths.
This space left intentionally blank.

turbo_kev

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 06:44:39 pm »
hi
are you on a mac or pc

I just Uninstalled it and Reinstalled it   and for me it still does not work

cheers
Kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 07:00:28 pm »
I noticed that in Studio view he clicked on various synths and played the keyboard and got sounds
from the selected synth

What do you mean by this? What synths?
You use your controller.
AFAIK he is talking about different Arturia controllers that give different control GUI's than the default. But he don't pick a synths.

I can't go into edit and open the original synth and then browse the preset's in that using the <>. That i would like to do.
But it can't be what you talk about as you need the VC5 applications to use the edit in original synth function in Analog Lab 2.

So in your case only using Analog lab 2  if you use your controller and use the relevant mode for that one, then the presets should shift if you use the <> keys. But the <> keys only select Analog Labs presets.

Do you have the presets? Have you looked in the browser? If they are there, then it should work.
If it do not work you can try a reinstall of Analog Lab 2. If that don't work there is something odd going on.

EDIT: I'm on Windows 10 - 64 bit.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:43:14 pm by LBH »

turbo_kev

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 07:17:30 pm »
NO   
watch Sebastian's video again on youtube

Load up AL 2   and your in studio view   with pictures of all the synths

in his video he moves over different pictures of the synths
and lets say he stops on the mini v

at the top of the screen  are the  <  >  next to the patch name
he clicks on these and changes the patch  for what ever synth he has clicked on in studio view

I know you have to have the v5 collection to actually edit synth sounds
but now I think you may also need the v5 collection to be able to change patches from studio view

now do you understand what I mean ?

cheers
kev

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:53:16 pm »
Yes now i understand thanks.

It work here if i stay on that picture site. If i go to the Analog Lab browser site, i would have thought that only the presets for the oicked instruments was filtered, but that's not so. That in my view is a mistake.

However that might indicate you need the individual synths to use this feature picking a intruments picture. But i don't know. I do have the VC5 collection.

EDIT: I'm on Windows 10 - 64 bit.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:01:00 pm by LBH »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 08:30:33 pm »
hi
are you on a mac or pc

I just Uninstalled it and Reinstalled it   and for me it still does not work

cheers
Kev
I am on PC. Win 7 Pro 64-bit
This space left intentionally blank.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 08:51:51 pm »
Video Link?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 11:25:11 pm »
The manual say this:

3.4.1 Browsing for presets
(Here is the instrument picture inserted in the manual)
In Studio View you can click on any of the instruments to select it
 Clicking on an instrument selects the first preset for that instrument in the Arturia Picks playlist, which is a selection of the best presets for each individual instrument.
 The previous and next options let you move between these presets
 When you reach the end of one instrument’s playlist, you move automatically on to the next instrument

-----

So it looks like you only get presets from the Arturia Playlist this way. Nor too useful. More like a gimmick.
But axxording to this one must understand it should work without having the individual applications.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 10:59:52 am »
Hi everyone,

just tried to verify this issue on win10 pro 64, with NO arturia products installed.
then installed analog lab 2 2.0.0.871.
Even in demo mode, on the studio view, without any controller, i click on of one of the synths ( i.e selecting the mini V, it loads the "arturia" preset).
If i click on < or > icons , it will load some mini presets, taken from analog lab's "arturia picks" playlist.

the purpose of this studio view is to show you some of the sounds every synth can produce, taken from analog lab's arturia picks playlist.

Maybe you already noticed that, but if you open one the synths ( i.e miniV3 standalone), it's "arturia picks" playlist contains 30 presets. In analog lab's "arturia picks" playlist, you only have 11 mini presets, which are the first 11 from mini's "arturia picks".

Thanks LBH for adding infos from the manual.
Hope my explanations help you to understand, but i don't have any clue about why clicking on the < > doesn't work for you.

here is the video link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUOvcDf65NU

best,

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 03:51:27 pm »
Nice lil Analog Lab 2-torial.

I haven't even ventured into the playlists yet, nice feature.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

turbo_kev

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 10:33:24 pm »
I just tried uninstalling again  and it still donīt work for me

when I do an About it says version 2.0.1.51 

is this the latest version, arturia software is not showing me any other updates

so I don't know why it don't work for me

cheers

Kev

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 09:50:52 am »
Hi Turbo_kev,

still can't understand why clicking on the < > doesn't work. For me it shouldn't be a computer specs problem (nice setup btw  :)), but it could be a clue to know if your graphics card drivers are up to date, just in case.

as a workaround, i suggest to map these < > icons on your controller (well better on the keylab, since it fits perfectly with analog lab 2), but consider these icons to be mapped on switches only.

Hope it helps,

Best,

turbo_kev

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 12:02:48 am »
Hi Germain

I have tried what you suggested , but it still doesn't work for me

From the studio view I click on mini v, then either click the < > or press buttons on my key lab that I have mapped to them.  Moving any of the other knobs on the keyboard does alter the sound, and a little  " * "  symbol appears by the patch name to show its been edited.  but if I then try the < >  all it does is change it back to the default sound
it will not go through the list of patches.  so I am no better off and I still have the original problem

are you 100% sure I donīt need the v5 instruments to enable this feature

cheers
Kev 

skijumptoes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 10:25:40 am »
Do you have the Arturia Picks playlist on your main library page, and it has 128 presets contained within?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines