March 28, 2024, 11:19:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem sending program change with Studio One Pro & Opusmodus  (Read 3548 times)

deb76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello,
I have a problem with the program-change versions of V3 (Synclavier & Mini V3, in particular) with Studio One Pro 3. Note that I used a CA0 program Opusmodus (http://opusmodus.com), which allows me to write different parts or CAO operations (random transpositions, algorithmic parameters, mirror inversion, adjustment tuning, pans, etc. I can also program changes in programs, Pitch-Bend, modulations via the controlers and send these parameters in Studio One Pro 3 (or other sequencers) via the Mac IAC ports.
But to my surprise, I found that the program changes that were possible with plugins like the V2 - Mini V2, the Modular V2, The Prophet V2, Arp in 2600 V2 - are no longer possible with version 3 Mini V3 and Synclavier. What is really damaging.
I made a short video with the Mini V2 and Synclavier that shows the problem I encounter :
http://www.deb8076.eu/CAOVideos/Synclavier75.mp4

LBH

Re: Problem sending program change with Studio One Pro & Opusmodus
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 05:38:43 pm »
It looks like you have Synclavier set to "All types" for presets. That's not a playlist like "Arturia Picks" is - unless you have created a playlist named "All typres" your self..
In VC5 applications "Program Change" work using "Playlists".

But if you can change sounds fast using synclavier might take a fast computer. Looks like it on my laptop stop Studio Ones playhead when a preset is changed. Have'nt tried it on my main computer yet.
Also i don't have opusmodus.

Anyway you'll need to use "Playlists" to use "Program Change".

Hope this help you.

deb76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 09:19:01 pm »
LBH, thank you for your reply, but I also tried with a Play List. But it's the same, the program-change is not effective. I confess I do not understand this change as the program-exchange works very well with the Mini V2 Modular V2, Arp 2600 V2, with short ones where there is no Play-List.
I added qu'Opusmodus acts as a sequencer, it sends its data via the Mac IAC ports or going through the ports of the Motu Midi Express 128. Thus, program changes are effective with the Arturia Origin or Yamaha EX5R.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 10:24:33 pm »
You are right. Normal Program Change from my Novation SL MK2 controller don't work either. Just tried it out.
I have to use the automation parameter "VST_ProgramChange" to get Program Change to work when using as plug-in.
My controllers normal Program Change work used with stand alone application.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:33:54 pm by LBH »

deb76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 11:27:09 pm »
Yes, if I record the track or tracks in midi with Studio One, with VST Program-Change, after, I can insert via automation points/nodes with n° change program and it works by playing on the midi track. But this requires additional operations while with the V2 it works perfectly. It's frustrating.
However, I just checked with Ableton Live and there it works well with Play-Lists ...

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 12:47:50 am »
However, I just checked with Ableton Live and there it works well with Play-Lists ...

And so it should in all DAW's including Studio One 3 that i also use. One more thing for Arturia to fix.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines