April 23, 2024, 05:12:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Driver semi and oct switch seems inverted.  (Read 2521 times)

jeffbart

[SOLVED]Driver semi and oct switch seems inverted.
« on: June 05, 2016, 10:45:26 am »
The Osc Driver semi and oct rocker switch seems to be back to front. Selecting 'oct'/left, the frequency knob increments semitones, in 'semi'/right, it increments in octaves/5ths.

GUI issue. There is not much visual feedback what this switch is set to. Very hard to see if it's semi, or oct. V2 switch was a lot clearer.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:44:19 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Re: Driver semi and oct switch seems inverted.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 01:50:51 pm »
The Osc Driver semi and oct rocker switch seems to be back to front. Selecting 'oct'/left, the frequency knob increments semitones, in 'semi'/right, it increments in octaves/5ths..

I can confirm this wrong behavior.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 03:21:51 pm »
This obvious mistake will be fix soon !
Sorry guys
.......testing.......

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 04:18:33 pm »
Hi LBH,

Please have a look in your ArturiaSoftwareCenter.
3.0.1 is available and should fix your issue.
.......testing.......

LBH

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 05:49:52 pm »
Hi LBH,

Please have a look in your ArturiaSoftwareCenter.
3.0.1 is available and should fix your issue.

Thanks Ben. It was Jeffbart who reported this issue, and thanks for that.

I have just tryied to update. But my ASC broke. Some days ago My Avast internet security would'nt let Spark 2 pass and erased it after scanning it. What's going on?

As my ASC broke i can't open it. What has happend? It looks like my disk go sky high for a ling while when trying to open ASC, and then nothing happens.
I have tried to download ASC from Arturia's site and tried to install it. But the install is stopped because of an error. I get this messages "An error occoured while trying to replace the exixting file: DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access denied". This was done right after i had shut my laptop down and started up again.
I was not happy doing this re-install. Can i 1. install and 2. uninstall ASC and then install it again without messing up my old licenses for VC3-4-5?
Or is there an error in the new ASC?
What to do?
I have only tried on my laptop and not on my main computer yet. I'm not happy to try on my main computer before i know what's going on, and i'm sure i can use my products.

I'm on windows 10 - 64 bit.

EDIT: I have tried to download Modular update from Arturia site and installed that. It's like the ASC. Also tried to open another Arturia app. That won't open either. That's absolutely not good.
When i try to open a application my Avast scan ASC. That's not normal after a apllication has been installed once.

EDIT2: I hate when things do not work. So i tried to uninstall ASC. I got the messages that not all files could be removed, but could be removed manually. No guide about what and where. I guess in the register.

Then i tried to re-install, but i get the same code 5 error messages as above.
Also Tried to rename the ASC folder in the hidden ProgramData to no avail. The same error come up when trying to install.
I do get a "Ignore" option when the error messages come up, but it say it's not recommended.
This is not good at all. What to do?

EDIT3: In my taskmanager/ Details i can see some ASC exe, some ASC agent .exe and some Modular .exe running even after reboot.
Access denied if i try to shut them down.
I'm administrator.

EDIT4: I have made a recovery and set my PC back.... Apparantly i can now use the products from before today.
But do i dare to open ASC. I need to know if i can open my ASC or it will break things again?
I have allready had hours of unwanted work. Had to un- and re-install my Avast Internet security too as it did'nt work after the recovery.

------

BTW: If i also do offline activations on the same computers, will the activations be counted twice?

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:25:04 pm by LBH »

Mathieu Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 11:25:58 am »
Hello LBH,

We're really sorry that you had to go through this.

Some days ago My Avast internet security would'nt let Spark 2 pass and erased it after scanning it.

We had an issue with the digital signature of our installers. Maybe that's why Avast didn't accept it. The ASC 1.1.8 also had this issue so it might be the explanation for all of this.
This was fixed, and all the installers available on the website are now correctly signed.

EDIT3: In my taskmanager/ Details i can see some ASC exe, some ASC agent .exe and some Modular .exe running even after reboot.
Access denied if i try to shut them down.
This explains why you couldn't launch the ASC and why the installers failed (the installer must quit the ASC.exe and ASC Agent.exe before replacing them).
The question is how did this happen? I'd say it's a bad interaction with the antivirus because of the signature problem.

I need to know if i can open my ASC or it will break things again?

Download the ASC 1.1.9 from the website and you should be good to go.
https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

BTW: If i also do offline activations on the same computers, will the activations be counted twice?
No, it will not use another activation if it's the same computer. You can activate on 5 computers total, regardless of the number of times you do offline or online activations.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 10:28:51 pm »
Thanks Mathieu,

I looks like it work now. Would have liked to have been without the troubles. At least it's nice to know, that there have been some outside causes to my update troubles.

It looks like the issue about transpose controls is fixed in version 3.0.1.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines