March 28, 2024, 01:41:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Filter module selection issue - harsh treatment .  (Read 3099 times)

jeffbart

[SOLVED] Filter module selection issue - harsh treatment .
« on: June 05, 2016, 09:09:37 am »
When a patch has Filter 1 in use e.g. in Module 1, setting another filter module e.g. Module 2 to 'Filter 1', destroys the existing Filter 1 in Module 1. This existing filter may already be in use by the patch - all patch connections and settings are lost - no Undo!

Where I see it's not necessarily a bug, this seems like a super dangerous move with no turning back, and no warning is given that Filter 1 is already in use elsewhere.

I don't have a solution, but it might be good to have the used Filters greyed out/unavailable until they are disabled in their existing Module, or at least have some warning prompting - "Filter 1 in use! Proceed?"

i think this is across all the top panel modules. If you select one that's already in use it destroys the existing instance in another module slot.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:47:06 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Not sure i understand.
You can only have a single "IN" connection directly set to a filter module. If you try to connect one more connection directly to that filter, then the old connection drop out.
But you can have more things connected to one filter "IN" if you first use the mixer to combine the things you wan't to connect to that single filter, as you can link the mixer channels to use a single "Output" to send to the filter.
This is normal behavior. However i also in general for all applications would like to have "UNDO" function.

Reading your post i can say i agrea that some things could be more readable and visual -  and also react better to the mouse.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:30:37 pm by LBH »

jeffbart

This is referring to the very top heading at the top of the module section which is a drop down for selecting if it's filter 1, filter 2, LFO, Bode Shifter, empty etc.
In the attached image the options are found by clicking on the labels 'Filter 1' and 'Filter 2'.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:33:45 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

martinl

When a patch has Filter 1 in use e.g. in Module 1, setting another filter module e.g. Module 2 to 'Filter 1', destroys the existing Filter 1 in Module 1. This existing filter may already be in use by the patch - all patch connections and settings are lost - no Undo!

Where I see it's not necessarily a bug, this seems like a super dangerous move with no turning back, and no warning is given that Filter 1 is already in use elsewhere.

I don't have a solution, but it might be good to have the used Filters greyed out/unavailable until they are disabled in their existing Module, or at least have some warning prompting - "Filter 1 in use! Proceed?"

i think this is across all the top panel modules. If you select one that's already in use it destroys the existing instance in another module slot.

The old version, indeed, did exactly that. If 'Filter 1' for instance was already used, it could not be selected in another slot. That prevented the accidental destruction.

It should be easy to implement that again in the new version.

Martin

LBH

This is referring to the very top heading at the top of the module section which is a drop down for selecting if it's filter 1, filter 2, LFO, Bode Shifter, empty etc.
In the attached image the options are found by clicking on the labels 'Filter 1' and 'Filter 2'.

Now i see. Yes that's bad.

I agree with Martine. Bring back the feature so you can not select a already used filter in another slot. Especially if it erase the connections.
This must be a fault.

Sam

• Administrator
Hi again,

Thanks for your feedbacks.
You're right, this behaviour could be problematic.
We're looking into it!

Regards,
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

ben arturia

• Administrator
Hi All,
New versions of all our plugins are now available in the ArturiaSoftwareCenter.
Those versions should fix your issue.
Best
Ben
.......testing.......

jeffbart

Yes, it's fixed that issue!

Thanks  8)
cheers Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40