March 28, 2024, 03:23:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: P5 Programmer - no longer works as it did  (Read 2900 times)

jackn2mpu

P5 Programmer - no longer works as it did
« on: June 04, 2016, 12:59:38 pm »
In yet another area of what happened with the new Prophet synth - the Programmer section. I downloaded the manual to see if I was doing anything wrong but other than showing it on the P5's front panel there's no description of what it does or is supposed to do. In the now 'legacy' version you could press the Bank button to select a bank and then a Program Select button to select a program. Or click and drag up or down on the 2 digits in the display to select banks and programs. While you can still press the Program Select and select a program it has no relation to what's displayed in the patch name are at the top of the gui. For instance if the 2 digit display shows a patch numbered 11 (bank 1, program select 1) and you go to 22 and then back to 11 you now have a different patch than when you first had 11 displaying in the 2 digit display. And the Bank button appears to not work either. Forget about clicking and dragging on the 2 digit display to change patches/banks as oftentimes mouse clicks and drags don't even register.

Is this another one of those features that those of us that have the now legacy stuff have to get used to not having access to anymore because of the new browser? If so why even have it there? Or at least put something in the bleeping manual about it being no more than window dressing.

Not happy at all with this 'upgrade' although the gui is about the only one that's readable (i.e. not blurry like most of the other gui's).
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

Re: P5 Programmer - no longer works as it did
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:48:00 pm »
There is definetely something wrong. I can't seem to select preset 11 for instance. Looks like it select a preset higher or something like that.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 08:59:21 pm »
There is definetely something wrong. I can't seem to select preset 11 for instance. Looks like it select a preset higher or something like that.
That's only part of what I'm seeing. And whatever preset gets selected in the 2 digit display never represents the same patch showing in the patch window at the top of the gui.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:42:46 am »
With the new 3.0.1 update the preset programmer in Prophet V3 works the same as in Prophet V2. So if this is correct, then it look like this programmer issue is fixed.
I personally think it's odd that the bank selection is in steps and not when first pressing Bank button and then a number i get the bank of that number. I don't know how the real Prophet worked.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 02:09:23 pm »
With the new 3.0.1 update the preset programmer in Prophet V3 works the same as in Prophet V2. So if this is correct, then it look like this programmer issue is fixed.
I personally think it's odd that the bank selection is in steps and not when first pressing Bank button and then a number i get the bank of that number. I don't know how the real Prophet worked.
According to the manual (downloadable at http://www.synthfool.com/docs/SequentialCircuits/Prophet_Series/Sequential%20Circuits%20Prophet%205%20Owners%20Manual.pdf ) the bank select steps through the 5 banks in order and the Program Select steps through the 8 programs in a bank. The original had three 40 program files. To select Program Files 2 or 3 you held down the Bank switch and pressed Program Select switch 2 or 3.

I have to apologize in a certain way for something I said earlier about clicking and dragging on the 2 digit display to change patches/banks not working reliably. I seemed to remember the Prophet V2 did that but mine no longer does and PV3 does it when it feels like. The latter statement is still correct but whether Arturia needs or wants to fix that that's their business. Where the click and drag method worked is for the late lamented Pro53 synth from Native Instruments. As to which is the better emulation I'll not get into that here.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 07:47:25 pm »
The original had three 40 program files. To select Program Files 2 or 3 you held down the Bank switch and pressed Program Select switch 2 or 3.
Thanks for this info.

If anyone is interested gere is a link to see and hear the original Prophet 5 presets.:
http://www.synthmania.com/Prophet-5%20(Rev.3).htm

Could be nice if Arturia Prophet V3 had all 120 somehow. If they are in the Programmer or not is'nt the most important thing.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:50:24 pm by LBH »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 11:42:17 am »
Hi All,
New versions of all our plugins are now available in the ArturiaSoftwareCenter.
Those versions should fix your issue.
Best
Ben
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines