April 23, 2024, 11:10:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab Plugin in Ableton Live (KeyLab 49 Black Edition)  (Read 17183 times)

kat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi, guys!
I would love to finally use the intruments from the Analog Lab in Ableton but I just don't know how to do it (newbie alert!). According to the Ableton tutorial, you have to use the instruments via plugin. Okay, so I am going to preferences, trying to find the right folder but: no luck. Thiss is very upsetting. Wanna get started so badly and nothing is working.
Can somebody help me please?
Kat

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Analog Lab Plugin in Ableton Live (KeyLab 49 Black Edition)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 01:22:43 pm »
Hi,

First, you can try the quickest easiest way.
Try on Ableton Live's Options, Preferences, File Folder side-tab and in the Plug-in Sources section, click the "Rescan" button and wait a little bit.
If the Analog Lab name shows up in the left-side Plug-In Devices browser (you have to click the little Plug icon on the left tab list), then you're set.
If not, read on... :)

So you installed Analog Lab on a Mac or Windows PC?
Did you see in what path the VSTs (the plug-in .dll's) were installed?

If you simply clicked Next/OK on the installation, the folder paths should be the default ones, so you need to point Ableton to them. How?

On a Mac, apparently, this is how and where :)
https://www.ableton.com/answers/where-do-you-i-find-my-audio-units-au-folder-on-a-mac
or
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/where-are-the-vst-plug-ins-stored-on-mac-os-x.html

On Windows, these are the default paths installers usually suggest to use:
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins
(when you're on Windows 64bit but use Ableton Live 32bit, the "x86" or "32bit" folders hold the 32bit VSTs usable with Ableton Live 32bit)

sometimes these is also suggested:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\
(for the 32bit VSTs, if you still use Ableton Live 32bit)

Personally, I use a custom folder path for VSTs, so I have to type it on each new plug-in installation (fortunately, when updating, Arturia's installers remember the previous paths, which makes the process less tiresome/troublesome for those with non-default folder paths).

So... after finding out where are your VST installed and knowing which Ableton Live flavour are you running (64bit or 32bit) then you can go to Live's Options, Preferences, File Folder side-tab and in the Plug-in Sources section, click the "Browse" button in the "VST Plug-In Custom Folder" and navigate through the file-system until you get to the folder where your VSTs (sub-folders) are installed (keep in mind the 64bit/32bit thing, where Live 32bit will only work with 32bit VSTs).

If nothing happens after setting the new VST path, try clicking "Rescan"
or
If the "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" is "Off" click it to turn it "On" and wait for the auto-scan that'll happen. Then it should be like I described in the beginning of this post, once the scanning stops.

Hope this helps and that it works for you :)

kat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 01:38:10 pm »
Thank you so much for your reply!   :) :) :)
I found the vst folder yay! BUT it's still not working. Do you have an idea why?

Cheers,
Kat

sixstringeek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 01:49:34 pm »
Hi Kat, so I was browsing thinking of buying the exact device you have, (good taste!do you love it? can you compare the key feel to another kb? if so which one?)

and I thought you may just need to drag one of the devices you wish to play with, (like, open the vst you want with a single click or double click one and it uses the first available) and drag and drop it in session mode to an existing MIDI track. then make sure to listen to what you are playing, that monitor is set to AUTO and is armed otherwise you wont hear anything.

I know its simple right? but I know this whole mess is confusing at first, but after 6 months Im still learning too.

Good luck!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 03:33:00 pm »
I found the vst folder yay! BUT it's still not working. Do you have an idea why?
Sorry for the delay (too much stuff to focus on!) :)

Ok, first you need to be sure what type of Ableton Live version you're using: 32bit or 64bit?
To check that, in Live, go to Help, About Live... and check the line with the version. At the end of that line it should say 32-bit or 64-bit

If you're running Live 64bit, the correct folder would be "C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins", if that folder contains *.dll's files (or sub-folders with those *.dll's)

If you're running Live 32bit, maybe the "C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins" folder is actually empty (with no *.dll files or sub-folders with *.dll's). If not try clicking the Rescan button.

If neither of those paths above have *.dll files, then those must be installed on another folder.
To find that out, you can do a windows search for "Analog*.dll" and look in the resulting list for an "Analog Lab.dll" or "Analog Lab 2.dll" file.
The folder where that *.dll file is, is the folder (or one above, if it's on an "Arturia" sub-folder) you should point Ableton Live to.

If there's 2 Analog Lab dll's, (most likely a 32bit and a 64bit version) try pointing to one of the folders 1st and then to the 2nd if the 1st didn't work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines