March 29, 2024, 09:47:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Depeche Mode presets  (Read 10289 times)

jlokanis

Depeche Mode presets
« on: June 03, 2016, 01:50:38 am »
I know Depeche Mode used the Synclavier on several albums.  And in some cases they just used a factory preset.  Does anyone know which ones those were?  Also, I am interested in trying to duplicate any sounds that they might have created on their own.  If you are interested in trading sounds or discussing how to recreate one, please let me know.

Thanks,
-John

jlokanis

Re: Depeche Mode presets
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:38:02 am »
Found so far:  Church Bell is definitely used on 'The Landscape is Changing' at the end.

l_etoile_noire

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 05:30:40 am »

You might be interested by this video on youtube :

https://youtu.be/JGtxeJdJMbw?list=PL703veIr3LQLlXSbaCZRXHcYgNzVpqifZ

VCO8

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 01:20:27 am »
If you download the original Timbre Disks (on this forum), you'll find that Calimba 2 is used at the beginning of 'it Doesn't Matter' and 'BASS 1' on Timbre Disk 2 is the bass at the intro of 'If You Want' (just add a delay). At the moment, I'm trying to discover more sounds. This VST is great.

Edit: 'Voices 2', 'CALIMBA 2', 'BELLS', 'BELL 2' appear on 'The Landscape is Changing'. BTW, does anyone know the name of the FM-lead that plays through the chorus of that song? (I think its an edited 'ELEC DULCIMER 1')
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:08:50 am by VCO8 »

Kaniets

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 04:14:36 pm »
Thanks for that man! I also discovered that Voices 1 is used in Love In Itself and Organ 2 is used in Shame. Do you know how to make that "Church Bell" preset sound exactly like in Landscape Is Changing?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines