March 28, 2024, 07:25:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Poll

Should Prophet V3 allow user to browse presets 'by keyboard'?

Yes
32 (97%)
No
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: *VOTE* Bring back Prophet VS preset banks  (Read 10597 times)

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
*VOTE* Bring back Prophet VS preset banks
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:32:57 pm »
When Arturia released the updated V3 version of the Prophet, a new browser was implemented and some old features have been left behind. The most glaring omission being that users can no longer select presets 'by keyboard', and there is no preset bank for the Prophet VS keyboard either. This poll intends to gather enough responses that Arturia would reintroduce the ability to browse the presets and banks of the P5 and VS independently, without having to find the VS presets in a single large browser.

Please see picture below of previous Prophet V2 browser, here you can see that users had the option to select these banks separately.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: *VOTE* Bring back Prophet VS preset banks
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:10:33 pm »
Mind boggling decision, that  ???
This space left intentionally blank.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 02:47:48 pm »
This shouldn't even be up for debate but it's yet one more feature Arturia in their highly enlightened state of mind decided to leave out for no logical reason.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

spitfire31

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 08:12:57 am »
Having owned and sold the Sequential Prophet VS keyboard (hopeless keyboard…) many years ago, I had hoped that the Prophet V would provide a software VS (in addition to my General Vibe Vector Sector VST plug-in by Josh Jeffe, who worked at Sequential on the h/w VS (he wrote the firmware). Unfortunately, the VST and AU were never updated to be Intel compatible.

I just downloaded the Prophet V3 demo and was flabbergasted when I found that I couldn't sort the patches by keyboard!

I have no interest whatsoever in Prophet 5, but I would dearly like to have a good VS emulation.

But having to scroll through loads of P5 batches just to try to locate the odd VS sound – no way. In fact, I think that Arturia could do quite well selling the VS as an individual instrument. VA:s are a dime a dozen, but there's only one VS. ;-)

Until Arturia see fit to at least divide up the patches in P5 and VS categories, I'm not going to bite.

Kind regards,

Joachim

StudioAnnur

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 02:17:49 am »
I totally agree that the omission of the VS preset banks (and the combining of VS, 5 & hybrid presets together) was a step down for the ProV3. Fortunately I still have ProV2 as well, which I use for VS mode. (I would prefer to use ProV3 for everything since, for some reason, it seems less taxing on CPU, even when both versions are configured to the same specs.) What's the point in having separate 'modes' if you don't have separate sound banks?!

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 02:17:35 pm »
Hello Arturia, is there any news on this yet?

I agree with you spifire31, I never use the P5. I'd be happier with a standalone VS emulation.

Regards,

t

Ram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 07:49:51 pm »
It Was 2 separate synths... it should have separate bank access.
Technically there are 3 separate synths so, as before, in the previous version it should access the hybrid separately also.

Hey Arturia, let me tell you a little something about musicians, and human nature for that matter...
We want to make music not have to fight & waste time on forums trying to get what we had back. People
love change as long as you dont take away what was good to get it.

One step forward 2 steps back.

aaron aardvark

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 04:17:46 am »
I agree with the sentiment in this thread, though I could use either V2 or V3 version of Prophet-V (I am not a new customer).  At least for me, the V3 did not overwrite the V2 version.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 01:20:29 pm »
It Was 2 separate synths... it should have separate bank access.
Technically there are 3 separate synths so, as before, in the previous version it should access the hybrid separately also.

Hey Arturia, let me tell you a little something about musicians, and human nature for that matter...
We want to make music not have to fight & waste time on forums trying to get what we had back. People
love change as long as you dont take away what was good to get it.

One step forward 2 steps back.
Amen brother. Hate it when a developer thinks they know more about how an end user uses their software than someone who actually uses it. You get used to a sound and how to go about it and it becomes such a part of your workflow and that goes away? Nonsense.

Just like the suggestion for us to make our own soundbanks. While I don't mind chasing down and fixing the odd problem with a vi I hate making up for a developer's lack of care in making a product. I know some things were done because of the unified browser system but this is not one of those.

Sweetwater recently put up a video review of V Collection 5 on YouTube - search it out and make your feelings known.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 12:06:41 pm »
Hi There.

Just a little workaround.

I've exported following banks: (enclosed)

- Prophet 5 Factory
- Prophet 5 Presets
- Prophet VS Factory
- Prophet VS Presets

If you import them, you will be able to sort per bank and so per synth in this case.

Best

Edouard

DGDGDGDGDG

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 08:26:14 pm »
Thanks Edouard, I'll try this out!

T

dizz1

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 03:13:24 am »
Hey guys
Anyone able to save the polymodulation presets from the V2?
My NFR ran out and I cant access it anymore.
Got V3 now but banks are still lacking!
Thanks in advance!

JeremyRobertsHQ

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 10:56:23 pm »
Hi There.

Just a little workaround.

I've exported following banks: (enclosed)

- Prophet 5 Factory
- Prophet 5 Presets
- Prophet VS Factory
- Prophet VS Presets

If you import them, you will be able to sort per bank and so per synth in this case.

Best

Edouard

Awesome, merci Edouard!

I still think it should have been included in V3 from the beginning but nevermind ;)

avalonsutra

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 02:46:02 pm »
Hi, sorry for bringing this old topic back to live but I'd like to import the original factory presets into the Prophet V3. The patches seem to be importing successfully and the single patch files are stored under C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets\Prophet V3\User. However there is never a User bank appearing for me in the instrument's preset panel. And the number of patches in the library never increase. What do I need to do to import the patches correctly and have them show up?

LBH

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 05:27:46 pm »
Hi, sorry for bringing this old topic back to live but I'd like to import the original factory presets into the Prophet V3. The patches seem to be importing successfully and the single patch files are stored under C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets\Prophet V3\User. However there is never a User bank appearing for me in the instrument's preset panel. And the number of patches in the library never increase. What do I need to do to import the patches correctly and have them show up?
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums,

If you get a message that the presets are imported succesfully, when you import the presets, then the presets should have been imported and show up in your Prophet V3.
You have used import and got a message about successful import?

The bank name is'nt User. But you say the number of presets does'nt increase at all. Have you tried to close and open the application?

I can't remember if this presets are now included in the Factory Bank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines