March 29, 2024, 08:41:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Black screen - remote desktop  (Read 2793 times)

dhdhbyby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Black screen - remote desktop
« on: May 31, 2016, 01:40:58 am »
Just downloaded my upgrade to Analog Lab 2. I am getting the black screen when connecting to my portable rig over Remote Desktop. My experience with doing the same with Autodesk products (I am an IT pro) tells me this is probably because Analog Lab is looking for the licence on the computer I am remoting from, not the computer it is running on. This is highly inconvenient. Arturia should not  be limiting how I access the product I have paid for - all the demos of the V Collection are doing the same thing.

When I use VNC instead of Remote Desktop the screen displays properly but that is not a workable long term solution for my scenario for multiple reasons. I shouldn't have to change my workflow to suit one software vendor.

Older Arturia plugins work just fine over Remote Dekstop (as do all others). And before anyone suggests updating my video driver - I am using a Mac Mini running Windows with Bootcamp - I have the latest Bootcamp drivers installed.

Will Arturia please allow the new plugins in the V Vollection 5 to work over Remote Desktop.

Thanks

DH

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Black screen - remote desktop
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:25:59 am »
Hi dhdhbyby, hope you're fine.
Sorry if you encounter GUI issues.
In order for us to investigate further, could you be please more precise about your setup?
I'd also like to know more about what you call "older arturia plugins".

Best,

dhdhbyby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 04:58:45 am »
I meant previous versions of the V Collection instruments - they work fine over Remote Desktop.

I have a 2011 i5 Mac Mini running Windows 7 (using Apple Bootcamp) - it is in a rackmount road case.
When I am at my home studio I connect to it using Windows Remote Desktop - that is where I am getting the black screens.

DH
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:07:17 pm by dhdhbyby »

dhdhbyby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 02:20:20 am »
The latest update to Analog Lab 2 has fixed the black screen issue for me - will the same patch be applied to the demos of Synclavier and the other updated plugins? They all have the issue as well.

Thanks

DH

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:23:06 am »
Hi dhdhbyby,
great if the update solved your problem. This fix will be implemented on all updates. Should be available soon.
Best,

thrackhead

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 09:02:49 pm »
me too -
black screen on remote desktop [windows PC] but only on V5, but the latest version fixed the screens for some of the VSTs- V4 all were good displays but had other problems [no program change,etc]

working with remote desktop:
AnalogLab V2,
jup-8 V3,
Matrix-12 V2,
Mini V3,
Modular V3,
Oberheim SEM V2,
Prophet V3,
Wurli V2

************************************************************-
NOT working [black screen]:
ARP 2600 V3-no display
B-3 V-no display,
CS-80 V3-no display,
Farfisa V-no display,
Piano V-no display,
Solina V2-no display,
Stage-73 V-no display,
Synclavier V-no display,
VOX Continental V2-no display

hope you can fix it...

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 09:37:06 am »
Hi Thrackhead, and welcome on this board.

Thanks for your report ,yes the black screen issue has been fixed for some instruments only. On each instrument update, we are implementing fixes for issues concerning all VC5 instruments, and fixes for issues concerning instruments only. Updates are on the way, we'll keep you aware when it's ok.

Best,

casrya

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 10:36:39 am »
Just updated and Blackscreen is now back on Analog Lab 2.0.2.98 (it was working on the previous patch).
Using Windows 10 to remote desktop to windows 8.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines