March 29, 2024, 12:00:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Contro Center Custom Drum Map  (Read 5265 times)

eduski

Midi Contro Center Custom Drum Map
« on: May 29, 2016, 08:27:57 pm »
Hi! I'm trying to create different drum maps in MMC for my BSP and exporting the Drum Maps to recall it later depending on the hardware/software to run. The import/export procedure is ok through the MMC, but the problem is that the BSP doesn't read the Drum Maps imported on "Device Settings" section. It's very annoying not to have the posibility of switching between different configurations. Any help? Thanks! edu

moostmartijn

Re: Midi Contro Center Custom Drum Map
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 06:41:56 pm »
I have the same problem. I made a custom drum map, but somehow it doesn't store on the BSP...

obliqka

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 04:41:53 pm »
I can't seem to store drum mappings either...

I'm trying to use my BSP to sequence my Roland TR8 (which I thought would be super simple), but the Drum Mapping changes I make using MCC don't seem to make any difference.

It's driving me crazy. Keen to hear any ideas...

toman

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:24:07 pm »
Old thread, but experiencing the same problem. Still not working? Atleast I'm not able to create custom drum map, they all seem to work in a chromatic way, no matter which notes are assigned to the pads.

tomazzzi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 01:53:09 pm »
Hi,

I have the same problem, anyone ???

Thx !

Windows 7 & 10 x64 latest midi control center.

tkabd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:26:44 am »
You need to drag'n'drop your saved settings from lower project window (stored on the computer) to the upper project window (stored on the bsp) It is the only way it works.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 04:11:19 pm »
Hi all,
It should work using Import and Export functions in DEVICE SETTINGS. Are you still experiencing issues?

Best,
Y.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 02:14:53 am »
Wasted a bunch of time myself with this today, MMC can be very frustrating software.

The "Controller Map" sections does not work as far as I can tell or is not intended for affecting the physical device but for software on the PC side.

There are no per project drum maps, just a global drum map stored on the device itself.

To change the drum map note numbers sent by the Beatstep Pro you need to go to the Device tab in MMC, scroll down to where the drum map *decimal* note numbers are and then manually type in the note number you want the pads to send.  Note that this is global so will affect all patches.  The MIDI Control Centre sends system exclusive when you hit enter so the change is immediate and stored on the Beatstep Pro. 

You can see what note number is sent by each pad by opening up the MIDI window in MMC (in HEX).

Cheers

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 04:38:51 pm »
Hi synthcreep,
The "Controller Map" sections does not work as far as I can tell or is not intended for affecting the physical device but for software on the PC side.
It should work. You need to drag and drop the controller map to a project in "DEVICE PROJECT".

Regards,
Y.

syrupcore

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 07:56:59 am »
FWIW, I banged my head against the wall for a while on this too. Even though it says Global settings, I assumed it was per project. Maybe a little user note under the drum map label that says 'This drum map is for all projects' would help some folks?

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 09:46:35 am »
Maybe a little user note under the drum map label that says 'This drum map is for all projects' would help some folks?
Yes I agree.

knastkoenig

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 08:42:07 pm »
Pretty old thread, but problems still exist (at least on my end).
So I bought a BSP to controll a volca Beat and a volca kick with the drum pads since i read that this is possible now.

What I did and what my issues are:
I went to the Midi Control Center and set the Midi channels (i.e. drum sent channel to 5)
Went to the the drum map and set the (or at least tried to) midi notes 40-49 to midi channel 16 for pads 1-10 (for the beats) and midi notes 40-47 to midi channel 5 for pads 11-18 (for the kick)

When i now press the different pads, the midi channel output is always 5 for sure, since i´ve put this into the main section for midi channels.
In addition I can´t even hear any sounds from the volca kick eventhough the messages are going out on the right channel....

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks and best regards
David

(To the admin: why does it takes 127 attempts to finally post this post???? I´m not a robot for sure, since a robot whould have done itin no time.....No clue which is Moogs most famous synth!!!!)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 10:49:43 am »
Silly question, but have you enabled your Volcas to receive MIDI short messages?  To check press and hold function while you power on.  If it is set, step 7 will be illuminated.  To avoid the Volca's internal sequencers from starting when you press play on the BSP, set them to Internal sync instead of Auto (function on start-up menu, step 6 unlit is what you want).  I'm sure you have done this, but also double check in MCC that the pads are set to transmit on the different channels.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines