March 28, 2024, 12:32:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: how do you delete a user preset  (Read 12050 times)

jbraner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
how do you delete a user preset
« on: May 27, 2016, 05:25:52 pm »
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to delete a (non factory) preset in Mini V?
There *must* be a way - but I can't find it  ;)
===============
John B

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: how do you delete a user preset
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 05:47:20 pm »
Well, as you can see in the manual: http://downloads.arturia.com/products/mini-v/manual/Mini_V_Manual_3_0_0_EN.pdf 
in section 3.3.5.4 on the bottom of page 33, to remove a preset from a playlist, you simply click the "X".

Not much of a point in deleting a preset from the overall menu though.  Won't save you any RAM.

Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

jbraner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 05:54:17 pm »
Well Tony - that's for the new V3 Mini.

This should be the forum for the older version - so my manual is "MiniV_Manual_2_6_0_EN.pdf".
I don't see a way to delete presets in this version.

There are lots of reasons to want to delete presets - mainly so you don't have to wade through stuff you don't need ;-)
===============
John B

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »
My mistake.

Best of luck to you.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 09:16:02 pm »
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to delete a (non factory) preset in Mini V?
There *must* be a way - but I can't find it  ;)

In the bottom of the Bank, Subbank and Preset dropdown menu you find a Delete "current Bank, Subbank or Preset".
Only visible when a User preset is selected.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:25:33 pm by LBH »

jbraner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 12:46:39 pm »
Thanks LBH - I see that now ;-)
It seems that the ones I wanted to delete must actually be factory presets then (?)
There are some banks called "temp_synth", "temp_EFX" and "temp_arpeggio", and I was thinking these were *temporary* works in progress etc.
Maybe they are actually *Templates* - so I may not want to delete them.
===============
John B

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 05:11:06 pm »
To weed down the large library to my "go to" presets, I've just been going through each synth and mark them as "favorites", so when I go into Analog Lab, I can browse only my favorites.

I know that the amount of presets in Analog Lab can be overwhelming, but going through each synth is a bit more manageable.

There are some synths that I will make a slight tweak to, then save it as a user preset with a unique title.

Between the user presets and the favorites, I can manage reasonably well.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 06:25:29 pm »
Thanks LBH - I see that now ;-)
It seems that the ones I wanted to delete must actually be factory presets then (?)
There are some banks called "temp_synth", "temp_EFX" and "temp_arpeggio", and I was thinking these were *temporary* works in progress etc.
Maybe they are actually *Templates* - so I may not want to delete them.

Your welcome.

Yes. If you check - then the bank name is Templates, and the sub bank names is the ones you mention. It's factory presets you can use to start a soundbuilding of a user preset if you wish.
But check for instance the with of OSC waves is correct in those templates. seems like there are differnces for the saw-triangle and the triangle compared to with you just select them in the OSC's waveform selectors. Perhaps ther are other differnces. Can't remember right now.

Also you perhaps can use the Template files to learn from.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:30:32 pm by LBH »

jbraner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 07:24:54 pm »
OK thanks LBH,I think I'll keep the templates ;-)

Tony - yep,favorites in Analog Labs a good idea ;-)
===============
John B

LBH

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 09:40:26 pm »
OK thanks LBH,I think I'll keep the templates ;-)

Tony - yep,favorites in Analog Labs a good idea ;-)

Your welcome thanks.

There are new preset browser in the VC5 version. You can also make presets favorites in those. Much better preset system, as you can add attributes including comments.
In the this now old MINI V2 i just create favorite Banks and so on and save a copy of the preset in those banks. Also in  MINI V2 you can use program change for presets that are in the same presetbank under a bank/ subbank.

jbraner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 11:28:43 am »
i just create favorite Banks and so on and save a copy of the preset in those banks.
That's what I've been doing too ;-)

I'll upgrade eventually - but I'm not going to pay more for the upgrade than I just paid for the V Collection Classics ;-)
As soon as they let us upgrade individual instruments in the classics collection (I don't get why it should be so difficult) I'll go for it.
===============
John B

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 04:51:16 pm »
I go through them in the individual synth first & mark them as favorites.  That way, by the time I open up Analog Lab, all that I have to do is click "Favorites" to see only those that I want.

Yesterday, I went through the Solina and the Prophet IV.

Today, I'll likely go through the Jupiter.

LBH

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 06:03:28 pm »
I go through them in the individual synth first & mark them as favorites.  That way, by the time I open up Analog Lab, all that I have to do is click "Favorites" to see only those that I want.

Yesterday, I went through the Solina and the Prophet IV.

Today, I'll likely go through the Jupiter.

Just so nobody reading this thread get confused about the preset management in Mini V2.

This is still not Mini V3 forum. You can't mark preset's as favorites in Mini V2. :)

But good luck with your preset favorite marking project in VC5.  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:05:31 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines