March 29, 2024, 05:43:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Time sensitive voice stealing? Held notes get cut off by later notes.  (Read 4395 times)

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I'm playing this using Analog Lab 2 in standalone mode using my Analog Lab keyboard.  I'm assuming that since I do not notice this with other synths that this belongs here and not in Analog Lab 2 issues, but if I'm wrong please feel free to move the post there.  I don't yet have the new Wurli V2 installed, just Analog Lab 2.

I can play a five note chord at the same moment, and all notes sound and decay normally.

However, if I play two notes with the right hand, and then after a short wait play another note, the top not in the right hand gets cut off.
In fact, if I just play two notes separated by more than about a quarter of a second, the first note cuts off.

If you play a triad and then play three other notes separated by more than a quarter second each, you can hear each note of the triad get cut off in succession.  If you play and hold notes slowly, it behaves as though it is a solo voice.  If you hold three notes in one hand and simultaneously start a fast three note arpeggio with the left hand, it doesn't cut off as long as you keep up the tempo.  If you slow the arpeggio, at some point you start hearing the held notes get cut off.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:14:35 am by Germain.arturia »

Tausendberg

I hate to say it but I have had this problem as well. It makes Wurlitzer V2 rather unusable for my purposes. :(

I've basically gone back to using Wurlitzer v1, which seems to sound exactly the same anyway and I didn't really have any problems with.

LBH

Sam

• Administrator
Hi,

Yes, as LBH said we're aware of this issue.
It will be fixed in the next update ;)

Best,
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

LBH

The new update version 2.0.1.51 fixes this cutting off notes/ voice stealing  issue for me.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Hello everyone, good news !

on our download page , we've just released WURLI V2 version 2.0.1.51, which will solve these polyphony issues !
https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

great if you can post here if it solved your problem.

@ LBH : Thanks a lot for your really fast feedback !  ;D

Best,

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
And I just verified that it is fixed in Analog Lab 2 v2.0.2.98 (without Wurli V2 installed).
I should say not installed yet, because it's downloading right now ;D.
Great job guys!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines