April 19, 2024, 09:46:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LFO -> SAMPLE HOLD doesn't work with KBD TRIG as clock  (Read 3246 times)

bleepbleep

• Apprentice
LFO -> SAMPLE HOLD doesn't work with KBD TRIG as clock
« on: January 17, 2023, 09:16:31 pm »
 I'm trying to trigger the SAMPLE & HOLD with each note played via MIDI, but using the LFO as a sample source instead of NOISE.  But it's not working and it feels like something is broken.

So the basic patch is:
LFO TRIANGLE -> SAMPLE HOLD IN
KBD TRIG -> SH EXT CLOCK
SAMPLE HOLD OUT -> whatever I want to modulate

This doesn't work-- the SH output doesn't change as notes are played.

However these variations to the above patch DO work:
  • Disconnect LFO -> SAMPLE HOLD IN and just use the normalized NOISE input (random sample on each note)
  • Disconnect KBD TRIG -> SH EXT CLOCK (LFO sampled with internal SH clock)
  • Replace LFO -> SAMPLE HOLD IN with VCO at low frequency
  • And other similar variations of either the input to SAMPLE HOLD IN or input to SH EXT CLOCK

So this confirms that LFO -> SH IN works and KBD TRIG -> SH EXT CLOCK works; they just don't work together. 

This does seem broken, right?  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

LBH

Re: LFO -> SAMPLE HOLD doesn't work with KBD TRIG as clock
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 01:01:02 am »
Hello,

Actually the third C on the virtual keyboard does'nt have any modulation when you connect the LFO to the S/H when nothing is connected to the S/H ext clock.
If you for example connect the sequencers clock to the S/H ext in, then it still does'nt work with third C.
All other notes get modulation.

But i can confirm the issue.

At least the EXT Vibrato now works for sources outside the LFO. I rather have that works, if it's choice. But i would think both should work.

bleepbleep

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 10:43:52 pm »
Thanks for confirming, LBH.  There's definitely something broken here.

It's surprising given the maturity of the plug-in.  LFO -> SH clocked by the keyboard trigger is such a simple and common patch.  I'm a bit concerned that more complex patches may not function correctly, which may not always be noticed.  And then as bugs are fixed (which is good), it could change patch function.

What's the proper way to file a bug report?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 11:19:04 pm »
Your welcome bleepbleep.

Unfortunately maturity is'nt the same as bug free.

Fortunately it works with both the VCO's LFO's as you say, and it also work with the Tracking Generators. So there are simple workarounds.

If you wan't to be 100% certain yourself, that the issue have been logged by Arturia, then it's "proper" to report to Arturia support through your account.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines