March 29, 2024, 12:08:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: standalone synths as VST hosts  (Read 2319 times)

masi

standalone synths as VST hosts
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:11:46 pm »
If they were you could drop in any effect you wanted not only that Arturia decided to build in.

For the Modular it comes IMHO natural as the orginal has I/O connectors everywhere. I don't know if it has been possible to run a signal from the OSC without any amp into a stomp-box but we could imagine we use a pre-amp for that purpose. And perhaps some nifty engineered solded together stuff that Moog's company didn't sold directly. Anyway, Arturia has added so many things that weren't possible with the original so why bother.

Certainly possible it would have been for the B3. The simulation actually comes with a set of virtual stomp-boxes that real organ players would have used. Too bad you cannot add your own set of virtual devices to the B3.

Masi

jackn2mpu

Re: standalone synths as VST hosts
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:28:15 pm »
If they were you could drop in any effect you wanted not only that Arturia decided to build in.

For the Modular it comes IMHO natural as the orginal has I/O connectors everywhere. I don't know if it has been possible to run a signal from the OSC without any amp into a stomp-box but we could imagine we use a pre-amp for that purpose. And perhaps some nifty engineered solded together stuff that Moog's company didn't sold directly. Anyway, Arturia has added so many things that weren't possible with the original so why bother.

Certainly possible it would have been for the B3. The simulation actually comes with a set of virtual stomp-boxes that real organ players would have used. Too bad you cannot add your own set of virtual devices to the B3.

Masi
There's a simple way around this and that is to use Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork to host both Arturia's synths and any fx you want to use with them. Opening up the Arturia synths to what you're talking about would make them unstable because Arturia has no control over what a third party developer will do.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines