March 28, 2024, 03:40:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V4 User Presets in V5.  (Read 6657 times)

supergirl36

V4 User Presets in V5.
« on: May 26, 2016, 06:47:31 pm »
Hello, can someone tell me if my V4 user presets will work with V5 plugins ? Thanks.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: V4 User Presets in V5.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 07:44:07 pm »
Not at this point, no.
They have a converter that they are polishing up for release tho. :)
This space left intentionally blank.

supergirl36

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 01:39:00 am »
Thanks ! Cheers.

Trips

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:48:41 am »
That sounds promising. Love the new GUIs and browser, and definitely missing the old presets.

Any time line on this converter?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 12:13:26 pm »
That sounds promising. Love the new GUIs and browser, and definitely missing the old presets.

"ASAP" is all I've heard, from one of the threads in here. I forget which one however, sorry.
This space left intentionally blank.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 01:13:50 pm »

"ASAP" is all I've heard, from one of the threads in here. I forget which one however, sorry.
It's been posted in a couple of threads at least one of which I posted about it in (I may have actually posted about it first).
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

guyri

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 08:13:42 am »
Phew! This is the information I came here to look for. Can't wait for the converter. I really think V5 sounds great, and the resizeable guis are long overdue. The CS is finally useable - is it me or does it sound lots better too? The new presets are also fantastic- I always made my own because i was never comfortable with the old ones, but these inspire me to start composing straight out of the box. And as for the synclavier... What joy! Huge congrats to the Arturia team on a brilliant upgrade.

pedrosura

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:08 pm »
Thank you for asking this...

If I am not able to use the presets that i have created over time, then this is not as useful.
I am going to keep using my old instruments...

Having said this, I love the new collection. The synclavier and B3 Rock...

jackn2mpu

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 04:55:41 pm »
Thank you for asking this...

If I am not able to use the presets that i have created over time, then this is not as useful.
I am going to keep using my old instruments...

Having said this, I love the new collection. The synclavier and B3 Rock...
Fortunately the old synths live alongside the new ones and are still usable.

Yes the Synclavier 2 is excellent although missing the sampling/resynthesis features. The B3 emulation on the other hand is only good if you don't have another Hammond emulation. There's little guts to the sound and the Leslie is one of the worst out there. But like all packages there is some good and some not so good.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 05:49:11 pm »
I seem to have lost Spark, as I was advised to do a complete Uninstall before Installing the V5 package.
Perhaps because I had several versions as I was Beta testing.

Any way that I can re-acquire Spark?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

jackn2mpu

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 09:40:12 pm »
I seem to have lost Spark, as I was advised to do a complete Uninstall before Installing the V5 package.

Do you still have your VC4 downloads? I don't know who advised you to do a complete uninstall as it's not necessary for installing VC5. I don't know that being a beta tester would have anything to do with having to do an uninstall.

Actually you may be able to recover Spark through ASC.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 10:21:48 pm »

Do you still have your VC4 downloads? I don't know who advised you to do a complete uninstall as it's not necessary for installing VC5. I don't know that being a beta tester would have anything to do with having to do an uninstall.

It shows as activated, but it never re-installed along with the V-5 package, I'm not sure if Benjamin realized when he emailed me this that Spark would not recycle.

SOLVED
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:40:48 pm by TonyFlyingSquirrel »
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

waveform

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 09:54:49 am »
Any news about the preset converter to be able to load v4 presets into v5?

jackn2mpu

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 07:01:33 pm »

It shows as activated, but it never re-installed along with the V-5 package, I'm not sure if Benjamin realized when he emailed me this that Spark would not recycle.

SOLVED
So how did you solve the issue?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 10:52:35 pm »

SOLVED
So how did you solve the issue?

They re-sent me the Spark installation download. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines