March 28, 2024, 11:13:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Please? Browse presets by model. :)  (Read 17117 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Please? Browse presets by model. :)
« on: May 26, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »
I really like the new Prophet VS interface. Thank you.  8)

The inability to limit presets to any of the three available models is a shame tho. :(
Pretty please, put that option in there. Thanks :)
This space left intentionally blank.

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Please? Browse presets by model. :)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »
+1000!!! We need this back ;-)

LBH

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:17:32 pm »
+1

jmcecil

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 05:04:51 pm »
yes, the simplified browser is simplified to point of being useless.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 06:35:07 pm »
Well, I wouldn't say useless. I like the new tag and playlist system. Particularly that we can add our own tags. Being able to add comments is nice as well.
But currently we certainly can't solely peruse presets based on which synth it is. Of course, this is unique to Prophet V, have 3 instruments within it (counting Hybrid mode as its own instrument, which I think is fair)

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 11:44:34 am »
I couldn't find the option to add tags, where is this option?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 03:42:38 pm »
To be fair, I'm only running the demo of Prophet V and the other synths.
However! The new preset browser is (they say) standard across ALL the synths, and Analog Lab 2.
So this is from Analog Lab 2.
When you Save/Save As, you can click on various tags to assign to the preset. There is also a Plus Sign at the end of the tags list. If you click that, you can assign your own custom tags.
:)

jmcecil

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 04:14:07 pm »
To be fair, I'm only running the demo of Prophet V and the other synths.
However! The new preset browser is (they say) standard across ALL the synths, and Analog Lab 2.
So this is from Analog Lab 2.
When you Save/Save As, you can click on various tags to assign to the preset. There is also a Plus Sign at the end of the tags list. If you click that, you can assign your own custom tags.
:)
Maybe people are thinking they can add their own sort column type instead of just adding their own character?
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

jmcecil

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 04:16:15 pm »
Basically I don't want to choose 1 column to sort.  I want all of the columns in that sort select list to be visible all the time and sortable by clicking the column head.  The current method sucks.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 07:33:51 pm »
Basically I don't want to choose 1 column to sort.  I want all of the columns in that sort select list to be visible all the time and sortable by clicking the column head.  The current method sucks.
Yes. I too wish all the columns were visible, as in Analog Lab 1.  :-\
... some steps forward, some steps back ...

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 07:07:59 pm »
I emailed tech support about this glaring absence of functionality, they said "It may be implemented in the future if we receive enough requests". Surely it would be a given? There are two synths in one, why would they not implement this?

And by the way, we CAN'T add our own tags or attributes to the new browser. So we can't create our own VS bank either.

I'm seriously hacked off about this and would happily have my license revoked for a refund and go back to the old version.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:36:41 pm by terryferminal »

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 07:36:22 pm »
Guys I created a poll for this 'feature' to be brought back.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 01:04:25 pm »
I emailed tech support about this glaring absence of functionality, they said "It may be implemented in the future if we receive enough requests". Surely it would be a given? There are two synths in one, why would they not implement this?

And by the way, we CAN'T add our own tags or attributes to the new browser. So we can't create our own VS bank either.

I'm seriously hacked off about this and would happily have my license revoked for a refund and go back to the old version.
You can't add your own tags or attributes to the new browser? That sucks, to put it mildly. I can see this for the demo version but not the paid-for version.

Look at it this way we still can use our old version no problem.

I started a separate thread about the P5 Programmer not working like the old one (and there's nothing in the manual about it either). Yet one more function that Arturia in their collective wisdom decided to leave out.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 04:44:55 pm »

You can't add your own tags or attributes to the new browser? That sucks, to put it mildly. I can see this for the demo version but not the paid-for version.

Look at it this way we still can use our old version no problem.

I started a separate thread about the P5 Programmer not working like the old one (and there's nothing in the manual about it either). Yet one more function that Arturia in their collective wisdom decided to leave out.

Yes, you CAN add your own tags to presets. You have to do it in the Save dialog. :)

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 10:32:52 pm »
Cheers Artao, I'll check that out  ;)

I'm still using the older versions until we can import our old presets, but that's another issue that will hopefully be resolved soon.

T

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines