April 18, 2024, 08:51:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cool interview with Glen Darcy  (Read 2368 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Cool interview with Glen Darcy
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:12:43 pm »
So this happened last night.
Flux302 of Fluxwithit.com interviewed Glen Darcy, Arturia's VP of Product Management.
The stream got cut off a couple times, so you might want to check out Fluxwithit's youtube channel to find those extra bits, but there's the majority of the interview.
:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A4k34haEIc
This space left intentionally blank.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Cool interview with Glen Darcy
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 05:48:15 pm »
Nice find, thanks for posting.

Certainly sheds some light on why some features are emphasized, while others are not, as Glen elaborates on in the first 20 minutes.

Hard decisions to make from a business perspective, as well as practicality for the majority of users.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:55:49 pm »
Also of note, at around 23 minutes, Glen confirms that Arturia US is only about 30 employees.
Take that into consideration when waiting for a ticket response.

During the height of its popularity, Roland US was only 160 employees. 

When I was at Warmoth Guitar Products, we were 50 employees, and only about 10 were in the office, the rest were in the shop.  Of that 10, only 5 of us were in customer service.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 12:09:48 pm »
Yeah. That 30 employees thing really surprised me. I had no idea! :O
Such a small business considering how much hardware and software they're making.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 03:25:26 pm »
Also of note, at around 23 minutes, Glen confirms that Arturia US is only about 30 employees.
Take that into consideration when waiting for a ticket response.

I got the impression that Glen was talking about Arturia as a whole (so, Arturia FR+US = 30 employees) but I could be wrong. Need to watch that section again :)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 07:31:50 pm »
I got the impression that Glen was talking about Arturia as a whole (so, Arturia FR+US = 30 employees) but I could be wrong. Need to watch that section again :)
Yeah, me too. 30 employees for the entire company, not just in the U.S.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines