April 18, 2024, 04:12:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: TINY text everywhere, and that bottom bar has to go.  (Read 2035 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
TINY text everywhere, and that bottom bar has to go.
« on: May 24, 2016, 11:31:40 am »
Most noticeably in drop-down menus, you have ridiculously tiny text all over the place. Sure, most of it resizes with the interface, okay. But most of it is still squint-level text unless you seriously crank up the interface size.
You go to all the trouble to make these re-sizeable GUIs, and then stick in this horrible tiny font for menus? WTF? o.O
Do it over.

And that bottom bar. Why can't all that info be in the top bar. Why split that off? At first, I didn't even realize it was there.
The WORST thing about the bottom bar is that THAT is where you've chosen to display info and values for knobs, switches, buttons, and sliders.
WORST.
DECISION.
EVER!!
Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to have their sanity checked. Ridiculous! That information belongs AT the fricken knob/switch/whatever, not stuffed down into that bottom bar. I'm sorry, but that's just idiotic.
Put the parameter info and values back at the controls where they belong, and the CPU meter, Panic Button, MIDI Controller selection, and MIDI channel selection back at the top.
Also, your color choices there are horrible. Low contrast grey on grey. Almost the same color between background and foreground. Difficult to read.

And then let's talk about the RIDICULOUS amount of space the interface graphics take up. I mean ... what the .. who ... how ... WHY THE HELL .. That is the most idiotic way to implement re-sizeable interfaces that I have ever heard of. The graphics for the interfaces are the VAST majority of the install size, and in a big way. Almost a gigabyte just for the Modular V3? You've got to be kidding me!!

After looking at Analog Lab 2 and the demo of Modular V3 and Synclavier .. well ... I sure won't be buying this any time soon. Not even just the update for my V4 collection.
Sorry guys. Resizeable interface is nice, but you didn't implement it very well. Not worth 100 bucks to me at this point, and the interface is really the most notable improvement. The new preset browsing system is nice, particularly since it's the same between all the synths .. but it could use work as well.
Back to the drawing board, and possibly back to design school for those involved in the graphics implementation.
Big "NOPE!" here. :\
This space left intentionally blank.

jackn2mpu

Re: TINY text everywhere, and that bottom bar has to go.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:16:01 pm »
Most noticeably in drop-down menus, you have ridiculously tiny text all over the place. Sure, most of it resizes with the interface, okay. But most of it is still squint-level text unless you seriously crank up the interface size.
You go to all the trouble to make these re-sizeable GUIs, and then stick in this horrible tiny font for menus? WTF? o.O
Do it over.

And that bottom bar. Why can't all that info be in the top bar. Why split that off? At first, I didn't even realize it was there.
The WORST thing about the bottom bar is that THAT is where you've chosen to display info and values for knobs, switches, buttons, and sliders.
WORST.
DECISION.
EVER!!
Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to have their sanity checked. Ridiculous! That information belongs AT the fricken knob/switch/whatever, not stuffed down into that bottom bar. I'm sorry, but that's just idiotic.
Put the parameter info and values back at the controls where they belong, and the CPU meter, Panic Button, MIDI Controller selection, and MIDI channel selection back at the top.
Also, your color choices there are horrible. Low contrast grey on grey. Almost the same color between background and foreground. Difficult to read.

And then let's talk about the RIDICULOUS amount of space the interface graphics take up. I mean ... what the .. who ... how ... WHY THE HELL .. That is the most idiotic way to implement re-sizeable interfaces that I have ever heard of. The graphics for the interfaces are the VAST majority of the install size, and in a big way. Almost a gigabyte just for the Modular V3? You've got to be kidding me!!

After looking at Analog Lab 2 and the demo of Modular V3 and Synclavier .. well ... I sure won't be buying this any time soon. Not even just the update for my V4 collection.
Sorry guys. Resizeable interface is nice, but you didn't implement it very well. Not worth 100 bucks to me at this point, and the interface is really the most notable improvement. The new preset browsing system is nice, particularly since it's the same between all the synths .. but it could use work as well.
Back to the drawing board, and possibly back to design school for those involved in the graphics implementation.
Big "NOPE!" here. :\
Right on my suffering friend. Had high hopes for the CS80 but it's more a pain to deal with than the older version which is at least readable. The newer gui's look like things do after I've had one too many beers; blurry doesn't begin to describe the experience.

Maybe Arturia designed these new gui's for use on an IOS device  :P
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Tausendberg

Re: TINY text everywhere, and that bottom bar has to go.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:07:44 pm »
I don't really have a problem with the bottom bar, personally, but what I do have a problem with is the fact that it doesn't display the numerical information when I adjust a variable via MIDI using a hardware controller. That is something I would definitely want in a future update.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines