April 16, 2024, 07:54:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [ORDERING SOLVED] Some suggestions for UX  (Read 3566 times)

jeffbart

[ORDERING SOLVED] Some suggestions for UX
« on: May 24, 2016, 01:52:50 pm »
Hi.
Mini V3 sounds great.
Here's a couple of questions/suggestions about the gui/ux if I may.

1. You can't see if any modulation or effects are enabled, or it's in classic mode, unless you open extension panel and open mod or effects page. Would be good to have small indication of this at all times in top application window bar, like v2.
2. Small thing, but the list of modulation sources has 'VCA', 'VCO', but 'Lfo'. The Destinations list has 'LFO'
3. Source and Destination 'off' would be more convenient at the end of list (like CS80 V3) or top of list (prefer top). It's kind of in the middle now.
4. Destinations are grouped oddly - most VCO types at the top, except a few which are at the end. No big deal.
5. Parameter values are now shown on the bottom window bar. When you resize the window larger than your screen you cannot see the value. would be nice to have them hover near the mouse so it's always visible, like v2.

new panel looks great. Very happy with the sound of it. I've made other general comments about the new application window for CS80v3, so i won't go on!
Congratulations and good work to Arturia for getting these updates out.
I'm happy to wait for the preset converter knowing that it's on its way.

cheers jb

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:10:41 am by Germain.arturia »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Some suggestions for UX
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:36:14 pm »
Hi jeffbart,
You're right we should reorganize those drop down menus.
We will try to fix those points in a future update.
Thanks !
.......testing.......

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 12:20:38 pm »
Hi.
Mini V3 sounds great.
Here's a couple of questions/suggestions about the gui/ux if I may.

1. You can't see if any modulation or effects are enabled, or it's in classic mode, unless you open extension panel and open mod or effects page. Would be good to have small indication of this at all times in top application window bar, like v2.
2. Small thing, but the list of modulation sources has 'VCA', 'VCO', but 'Lfo'. The Destinations list has 'LFO'
3. Source and Destination 'off' would be more convenient at the end of list (like CS80 V3) or top of list (prefer top). It's kind of in the middle now.
4. Destinations are grouped oddly - most VCO types at the top, except a few which are at the end. No big deal.
5. Parameter values are now shown on the bottom window bar. When you resize the window larger than your screen you cannot see the value. would be nice to have them hover near the mouse so it's always visible, like v2.

new panel looks great. Very happy with the sound of it. I've made other general comments about the new application window for CS80v3, so i won't go on!
Congratulations and good work to Arturia for getting these updates out.
I'm happy to wait for the preset converter knowing that it's on its way.

cheers jb

I immediately noticed the missing buttons for quickly enabling/disabling the effects. Please put it back.
And yeah, that bottom bar. ... I reaaallllly want to see all of that info moved back into the top bar .. except the parameter values, which I want to see put back where they belong: at the mouse cursor (if using the mouse), ON the knob/button/slider being affected.
This space left intentionally blank.

jeffbart

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 08:37:03 am »
Yes. Parameter values would be best near the parameter, like in V2, like XFER Serum does.
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
Arturia things

masi

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 07:25:43 pm »

Yes. An indication which effects are enabled is defintely needed.

A bit odd indeed. But unlike v2 the information is now useful for all knobs and switches. I can now tell instantley if eg OSC mod is on or off - thanx a lot. The only thing missing is the note name for the filter frequency :)

And there is a slight inconsistency between the amount of contour and the sustain level. The UI shows values between 0 and 10, which is only translated into a perecent value for the contour. IHMO it should either be percent for the sustain as well or dBs.

The only thing I really don't like about the new GUI is the low contrast of the status bar ("play mode", etc).

All in all a nice brush up of the old design.

Masi

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 10:10:18 am »
Hello everyone, good news !

on our download page , we've just released MINI V3 version 3.0.1.51, which will solve this ordering issue !
https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

great if you can post here if it solved your problem.

Best,

jeffbart

Re: [ORDERING SOLVED] Some suggestions for UX
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 01:27:33 pm »
HI
yes, this update solved the ordering issue. They sources and destinations look a lot more logical now.
Thanks Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
Arturia things

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines