March 28, 2024, 12:37:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Migration from VC4 to VC5 with upgraded VC4 plugin only  (Read 1891 times)

onlyleura

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Migration from VC4 to VC5 with upgraded VC4 plugin only
« on: June 05, 2016, 02:44:24 am »
I purchased V-Collection 4 and have been very happy with it. I decided to go for the discounted price of the upgrade for ONLY the plugins present in my VC4 install, and not the upgrade to full V-Collection 5 (don't need the new instruments). Installed all the new versions of those plugins, but because they are completely new and separate plugins, and not in situ updates of exiting plugins, I'm left with the problem of migrating my existing projects over to these new plugins? If I have extensive MIDI tracks for Mini V2 in my Studio One song, how put Mini V3 in its place? And am I guaranteed that the new Mini V3 plugin will act and sound exactly like what I already have in place with Mini V2? I know how to replace an instrument in Studio One (just drag the new instrument from the browser on top of the instrument track to be replaced), but is this even going to work? I guess I'll just have to try it, and see what happens. But does anyone have any tips for me?

onlyleura

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Migration from VC4 to VC5 with upgraded VC4 plugin only
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 02:53:42 am »
I'm thinking that outright replacement is not something you would ever want to do, nor have any hope for success in doing. I'm thinking that the new versions of the plugins should be made use of only in new projects. Am I generally correct with this assessment?

LBH

Re: Migration from VC4 to VC5 with upgraded VC4 plugin only
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 03:55:47 am »
There are differences between VC4 and VC5 plug-ins. Just read the forums and the plug.in info's and other info. The VC4 update plug-ins is the same as those in VC5 i assume.
So you can't just replace the old plug-in in your projects and espect you have the same presets and sound availble. If you replace the old plug-ins in a project, then exspect that you'll have to create new sound and another mix. Else just keep the old ones.
In generel it's perhaps even best to bounce your tracks to audio when you are satisfied with it. That way you will have the correct recording no matter whar. But that's a choice too.

So in a way yes to your question in your second post - but keep the above in mind.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines