March 28, 2024, 09:59:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V-Collection 4 versus V-Collection 5  (Read 30211 times)

Dav1d

V-Collection 4 versus V-Collection 5
« on: May 23, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »
Hello,

If you need informations about the differences between the 2 commercial offers, take a look here:
==> https://www.arturia.com/v-collection-update/overview

:)

masi

Re: V-Collection 4 versus V-Collection 5
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:24:24 pm »
Spark 2 isn't listed in the V-Collection 5 any more. Will I loose Spark2 if I upgrade from v4 to v5?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:32:13 am »
Spark 2 isn't listed in the V-Collection 5 any more. Will I loose Spark2 if I upgrade from v4 to v5?
No, you keep all the V4 instruments, including Spark2.

I'm very very curious what's up with Spark. They've been talking about updating it for quite awhile now.
Is it simply going to become its own product, no longer included in the V Collection? That would really be a shame, and IMHO a very poor decision.
I'm hoping it simply wasn't included because they're not done updating it yet ...... I also really hope they don't go charging us for the update.
This space left intentionally blank.

DamienMFO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 04:54:28 am »
So I'm hoping there's a bit of feedback from Arturia staff on this one...

The changes listed in the V Collection 4 update page sound great: Re-sizable GUI, integration with Analog Lab 2, new presets, and... "better sound engines"

All of those points are quantifiable changes, except for "better sound engines." What changed? How are they better? Most importantly, why is it worth my money to upgrade?

I'd like to know how the sounds changed from the last version to the next, or if the programs have been optimized to load faster or run with less load placed on my cpu (I'm looking at you, Matrix 12v). If there haven't been changes like that, I don't know that the quantifiable cosmetic changes listed above are worth the $100 to upgrade.

supergirl36

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 01:41:35 am »
Upgrade prices are really expensive !

masi

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 06:10:51 pm »
All of those points are quantifiable changes, except for "better sound engines." What changed? How are they better?

Interesting that nobody bothers to answer. Until I know better I assume it's just marketing blah blah because nothing for the user has changed but the GUI. The rewriting of the plugins was probably quite a big task for the software engineers but why bother as user?

Masi

LBH

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 08:49:34 pm »
Everything have clearly not have been totally rewritten or even redone. There are still old code and old GUI elements.  There are some new GUI elements. There are new browsers, new, soundengines at least for some of the synths, as i'm not sure if it's just the soundengines from Matrix and Solina, that has been used, and some new presets while some older presets has vanished  There are still both old bugs and new bugs, but also some have been fixed. Also there don't seem to be any other new developed features - no wanted features added but some features is gone like the possiblity to combine two presets in Jupiter. Also the FX versions is gone so many can't use the  external audio input features in their DAWs if they don't come back.
Spark 2 is gone in VC5. Synclavier, Farfisa and B3 organs and a Piano and E-piano has been added in VC5.

If i'm wrong or have missed something, then feel free to respond.

Reading around in the forums may give more inputs.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:04:49 pm by LBH »

masi

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 11:22:03 pm »
Also the FX versions is gone so many can't use the  external audio input features in their DAWs if they don't come back.

No problem for me in Reaper. Didn't expect thought that it is a problem for some DAWs.

Masi

inmatus

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »
OMG Collection V is really really good!
I had 4 but.. wow.. u cant compare them sound wise. Used to have a IRL (lol) prophet 6 and VS. The 6 was a bit darker then the plug but VS.. yeah.. it sounds like one.. LOVE IT

padbury

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • You can twist perceptions. Reality won't budge.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 03:13:48 pm »
Upgrade prices are really expensive !

Especially if the Vst versions of the instrument do not benefit from the new resizable window feature.

I have not read or heard anything on this and it is a deal breaker for me.

Anyone with V5 know if the Vst windows are improved?
Prophet-Modular-Mini-Jupiter-CS80-ARP2600-Spark-Wurlitzer-SEM
M-Audio Venom 49 key Synth&Vyzex editor
"The Player" 25 key keyboard
Alesis SR18beatbox
SoundBITEmicro
TraktorAudio2
Live9-Sibelius7
M-Audio MobilePre A2DInterface
MOTU micro MIDI & ClockWorks
Alienware M11x Core i7 1.5GHz-8GB RAM-Win7x64

timvdh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 10:53:48 am »
 ??? Really no scaling for VST instruments (PC)?

Many of my VST instruments (including non-Arturia) do not scale and are therefore almost unusable with hi-res. This is actually more a Cubase then a VST instrument issue, I thought. But if Collection 5 provides no work-around, then I don't need the update.

timvdh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 01:43:10 am »
I bought the upgrade anyway and I can confirm that the instruments I tested so far all scale with Windows 10 / Cubase 8 - and scale well. On my 2560 x 1440 display that makes them usable after all. Instruments seem to show up with an appropriate resolution right from the start now.

pete.buchwald

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Website
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 03:29:19 pm »
On my blog (www.Creative-Audio-Production.com) a person commented that V3 of the plugins,;Modular, Arp 2600, etc.  do not come with an EFFECTS version.      I still see the version two plugins as effects.   But not 3.   

Does anybody know if this functionality will be added with an update?   

Old_School

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 08:31:15 pm »
Like the new V Collection but only complaint is the fonts on the new GUI keyboards are blurry.

alexkeyboards

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 09:45:08 pm »
The biggest and most significant difference, to me, between VC4 and VC5, is that VC4 (with the exception of Solina) works well with Apple MainStage. It is stable and can be left running for weeks without restarting, and VC5 is unstable, has serious latency issues and eventually crashes, sometimes at very unfortunate times.  In short, under MainStage 3 all the way up to 3.2.4, My experience is that VC5 is unusable and not worth $199. In my opinion, it is certainly not a suitable substitute for VC4.

In my case VC4 works, VC5 Doesn't.

I also don't like the new "flatter" UI and the fact that although you can magnify or reduce your screen, you cannot adjust the ratio to allow the entire Moog Modular V to be seen without scrolling, as it can with VC4. I would hope that a future update, once the stability and crashing issues are fixed, would allow the entire Moog Modular console (with or without the keyboard) to be seen in a more vertically oriented window.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:47:46 pm by alexkeyboards »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines