March 28, 2024, 03:42:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audio Input for V3 in Cubase  (Read 12825 times)

djedgoes

• Apprentice
Re: Audio Input for V3 in Cubase
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 11:59:42 am »
Well if it was that simple, then why isn't there an "Audio Input" which can be configured in the Audio/midi settings, just like there is an "Audio Output" ?
If there is no input "connector / plug " then it's not possible to feed anything in, wether its from an audio interface channel or from a Send in the DAW.

I think it's just not implemented in the ARP2600 V3 software. :'(

LBH

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 12:59:26 pm »
Well if it was that simple, then why isn't there an "Audio Input" which can be configured in the Audio/midi settings, just like there is an "Audio Output" ?
If there is no input "connector / plug " then it's not possible to feed anything in, wether its from an audio interface channel or from a Send in the DAW.

I think it's just not implemented in the ARP2600 V3 software. :'(
The instrument plugin version of ARP 2600 V3 does have a working audio input. It work in some DAWs/ hosts that can route audio to instrument plugins.

The audio midi & settings in the standalone is for the standalone version only. I don't think it's possible to route audio into the standalone version. But i have'nt tried to set it up using virtual connections.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 03:17:29 pm by LBH »

djedgoes

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 04:16:11 pm »
hmm the audio signal does indeed get into the plugin, but at the same time the signal also sent straight to the "output" of that track.(so any filtering/processing in the ARP2600 will have little effect). (using Reaper 6.15).
Happens with both the VST2i as the VST3i plugin version.
Wish there was a way to block the input signal from being sent straight to the output.

LBH

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 05:16:17 pm »
(using Reaper 6.15).
There is a couple of threads in the forum on how to make the Audio routing work in Reaper.
This is one: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95571.0
It's solved in the threads.

djedgoes

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 07:36:52 pm »
Thank you @LBH

That thread is exactly describing the problem I experienced too. I will try the solution at the end of the thread, hope it works.

LBH

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2020, 12:44:37 am »
Thank you @LBH

That thread is exactly describing the problem I experienced too. I will try the solution at the end of the thread, hope it works.
Your welcome. Did it work?

djedgoes

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2020, 02:05:02 pm »
Yes works a charm.
Basically all it takes is you "send" not to the default channel pair 1/2 of the track where the ARP VSTi plugin is on, but to channels 3/4 and then make sure there is a "patch" from channels 3/4 to the input of the plugin.

LBH

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2020, 03:54:15 pm »
Great. That's good to know djedgoes.

michael_davis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2022, 12:47:54 am »
I just discovered I have this problem too. I've got V Collection 6 and Cubase 10.5, and I just don't see any side chain or other audio send available.

I'm mostly using Modular V3. I'm wondering if this is a bug that might be fixed in a newer version of V Collection, but I can't seem to find out if upgrading V Collection would give me a newer version of Modular V3 - does it? I mean, aside from it now being compatible with the Mac M1 Silicon chips.

Boldstandard

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2022, 10:56:31 pm »
How do you get audio from the sidechain in Logic into the ARP preamp??

I have ARP 2600 as an instrument track. Track 2 is an audio track playing an Apple Loop.

In the ARP 2600 sidechain menu, I have Track 2 selected as the audio source.

But when I play the loop, no audio seems to be getting through into the ARP whatsoever..  On the preamp section, there is no signal lighting up. Makes no difference if I’m playing in midi notes or not.

Has anyone been able to successfully route audio into the ARP preamp in Logic?

The audio input is implemented different in v5, it now uses a side chain. I think this is actually a significant improvement as it allows the synth to receive midi events.
Don't know how this works in cubase but in Logic I create a bus which I than select in the side chain dialog of the plugin. The instrument to be processed is then send to this bus using a pre-fader send.

LBH

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2022, 02:52:52 am »
How do you get audio from the sidechain in Logic into the ARP preamp??

I have ARP 2600 as an instrument track. Track 2 is an audio track playing an Apple Loop.

In the ARP 2600 sidechain menu, I have Track 2 selected as the audio source.

But when I play the loop, no audio seems to be getting through into the ARP whatsoever..  On the preamp section, there is no signal lighting up. Makes no difference if I’m playing in midi notes or not.

Has anyone been able to successfully route audio into the ARP preamp in Logic?

The audio input is implemented different in v5, it now uses a side chain. I think this is actually a significant improvement as it allows the synth to receive midi events.
Don't know how this works in cubase but in Logic I create a bus which I than select in the side chain dialog of the plugin. The instrument to be processed is then send to this bus using a pre-fader send.
Hi,

Apparantly the quote you have in your post tell about it work in Logic. I don't use Logic or MAC.

And you tell you have routed the audio to ARP 2600 V.
But how have you routed the audio from the preamp in ARP 2600 V? Can you please post a screenshot?

JeffCalder

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2022, 06:43:33 pm »
Hi all,

FWIW I've been struggling w/ the sidechain/2600V3 in Logic for a while .. and I actually DID get it to work a while ago (last year sometime?). I just recently had occasion to try to set it up in MainStage to no avail, but I knew I had it working in Logic, so I went back to that project, and alas, it had stopped working. :\

I've spent the past few days trying different things .. and no luck with the 2600V, but it DOES work with the MiniV3 .. in fact, multiple ways - I can just pick the instrument channel of the source in the side chain drop down, or send that channel to an AUX and pick the AUX, .. it just works.

Also, I can get the 2600V side chain to work in Ableton Live 11, but interestingly it gives you 2 options of where to send your source audio from the sources' channel. In Ableton you send the source audio track to a destination in the output of the channel, in which it gives you 2 options for the 2600V as a sub-menu when you pick that inst. channel .. a stereo audio in, or a side chain audio in, and it works only when selecting the side chain audio in. (obviously you have to set the 2600 instrument to enable the side chain) It DOESN'T work this way for the miniV in Ableton - you just have to pick the miniV channel in audio out of the source .. no sub-menu, so I can only assume that it's implemented differently in the 2600V, and in a way that used to work in Logic, but an update of Logic within the last year broke it.

LilHossBigJake

• Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2022, 01:37:32 am »
I just upgrade to Studio One V5.5 and all of the above is still true. I upgraded for other reasons but I always check this issue as I wish it was available.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines