April 19, 2024, 12:16:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: pitch bend range  (Read 3073 times)

MAX-A2

pitch bend range
« on: June 09, 2022, 03:45:45 pm »
Just spent an hour trying to find an answer.  I now say forget this stupid boutiquey approach to instrument design.  It is one thing to emulate behavior, great.  it is another thing to make basic things virtually impossible to figure out, severely limit implementation, and then call it a feature.  Utterly absurd how difficult it is to even find out how to change the pitch bend range.  Arturia pet users have a set line about how it is normal and natural that this is unchangeable, as part of the preset, as if it was an ADVANTAGE.  If this is the stupid way you are going to design your plugs, then at least stop being so obscure and patronizing to your customers, acknowledge it as an issue, and point to the workaround.  What are you, Apple?

I have everything you make, and it sits there a lot, because honestly synthesizers were never perfect design, I owned a whole slew of the physical versions and recorded and performed with them. The manuals were in Engenese, sounds like english but doesn't have the same effect.  Is this the official arturia culture?  Deliberate obscurity to create a sense of inside baseball?  Exhausting and dumb if so. I am not about to spend money on your endless iterations of this stuff when you just make it all so byzantine and write in gibberish in all documentation.

AlSO:  What the everliving f*** with the constant verification on these forums?  Were letters not enough, they had to be in some sort of elf font? Who decided to do that?  Do you actively hate your customers?  Are aliens plotting to take over?  Is there a Cold War level issue at stake?  It adds to the sense that y'all have no sense of proportion and don't get out much.  I have better things to do with my time, and will say bye bye to your product line going forward. I will never type the name of your stupid company backwards like I am taking a drunk test again, and I will never navigate your menus of presets named by hippies, and I will block your communications.  enjoy being ridiculous.

LBH

Re: pitch bend range
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 06:08:58 pm »
Is this just a rant before slamming the door out, or do you actually wan't to know it's easy to move the bend range stick that's labeled Range to set a bend range in semitone steps from 1 semitone to 4 octaves?
The Range stick it left of the keyboard just right of the Transpose knob, if you wan't to know.

I see it's your first post in this forum. I have no idea who and where you have asked before. But this is clearly the wrong place to rant about that.

I'm a user.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: pitch bend range
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 04:05:32 pm »
I do hope you enjoyed typing your first and last post and it got all your angst out of your system.
Just to answer your last question, if you was a moderator here for just one day, you'd know why the site has verifications. However they do go away after a new user makes just 5 posts.
Not that you'll be making any more posts, with your attitude.
User deleted and thread locked.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines