March 28, 2024, 06:25:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tutorial series on the ARP 2600 V3  (Read 10393 times)

grymmjack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Tutorial series on the ARP 2600 V3
« on: May 22, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and not an expert, but I've started a YouTube tutorial series on the ARP 2600 V3.

I want to dive deep into this beast of a synth. The tutorial series is pretty comprehensive, but I'm no expert. The intent is to learn myself, and collaboratively with the viewers. I started the tutorial series using an older version so it's just dumb luck they updated it before I made more content. :)

If you would like to check it out, here is the YouTube playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLIsnFO_dy6NyLi0Z_VwRmt4z9jKeKNME

Let's Look at Arturia ARP 2600 V3 - Part 1 - Overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFQSrwUoWkk&index=1&list=PLLIsnFO_dy6NyLi0Z_VwRmt4z9jKeKNME

You might like the other videos of interest in the tutorial series:
Let's Look at Arturia ARP 2600 V3 - Part 2 - Top Bar
Let's Look at Arturia ARP 2600 V3 - Part 3 - Synth Overview
Let's Look at Arturia ARP 2600 V3 - Part 4 - Envelope Follower
Let's Look at Arturia ARP 2600 V3 - Part 5 - Ring Mod

Cheers, really loving this new GUI and preset management system. The upgrade was a no-brainer IMO.

Thanks Arturia!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Tutorial series on the ARP 2600 V3
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:56:00 pm »
Thanks for adding this!
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

encore1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 01:59:13 pm »
Thanks a lot grymmjack  for your time doing (and posting) these videos.

It is always great to see what other people are doing with these synth as it is "time saving" for people , like me, who hate to reading the manuals...  ;)

grymmjack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:56:24 pm »
Thanks for adding this!

My pleasure. Was there anything you liked or disliked specifically? More to come on the series...

grymmjack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 05:57:18 pm »
Thanks a lot grymmjack  for your time doing (and posting) these videos.

It is always great to see what other people are doing with these synth as it is "time saving" for people , like me, who hate to reading the manuals...  ;)

NP. Glad you are able to skip some tedious manual reading by simply watching the videos! Hopefully it's helpful? I'll be adding more soon. My hope is to make it a series that everyone can particiapte in so if you like or dislike anything, by all means let me know.

Thanks!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 06:54:30 pm »
Thanks for adding this!

My pleasure. Was there anything you liked or disliked specifically? More to come on the series...

I appreciated the overall breakdown, as modulars like this and the moog can be very intimidating to those of us that are used to "lesser" involved synths.

Perhaps you may be able to help me retain that pulsing characteristic from the earlier version preset in the bass section call "Dub Filter".  New version calls it, something similar, but I can't figure out how to get that pulsing characteristic back.  I want to attach the rate of that pulse to the Tempo slider on my Laboratory 49, so if you are able to figure this out, I just need to know which parameter on the APR-2600 V's newer version to assign via midi learn.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

grymmjack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »
Thanks for adding this!

I appreciated the overall breakdown, as modulars like this and the moog can be very intimidating to those of us that are used to "lesser" involved synths.

Perhaps you may be able to help me retain that pulsing characteristic from the earlier version preset in the bass section call "Dub Filter".  New version calls it, something similar, but I can't figure out how to get that pulsing characteristic back.  I want to attach the rate of that pulse to the Tempo slider on my Laboratory 49, so if you are able to figure this out, I just need to know which parameter on the APR-2600 V's newer version to assign via midi learn.

Hi Tony :)

I am attempting to help you, but cannot locate Dub Filter in Bass category, in the previous version of the ARP. Could you verify the preset name? :)

Is it prefixed with anything? If you can find the exact name, and are sure it's part of the factory presets that come with the plug-in, I'll do my best to help you out. I don't see it yet though and looked through other sections as well. I cannot find anything named "Dub filter".

Take care,

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 03:19:46 pm »
In Version 1 & 2, it was in the Bass Section, and the name was Dub Filter.
Now, it may just be Dub, same section.
I'll have to check when I get home.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 12:59:07 am »
Found a functional workaround.
I only have V3 now in V-Collection 5.

I opened up all categories, and indeed, the preset entitled "Dub Filter" only resides in the Bass Section.

I did find in the Template section, a preset entitled "Keyboard Repeat".

I linked the "Tempo" slider to the LFO Speed parameter down on the 2nd module in the LFO Section to the left of the sequencer.
I also decreased the value of the vertical switch in VCO 1 from "4" to "16".

I saved it as a user preset as "Pulsing Bass Filter".

I just got back my "Dub Filter" preset that was in V-2 of the ARP2600V.

Your tutorials are helping me to get a handle of this thing.
Thanks so much again.

jeffbart

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 09:18:26 am »
Just started loooking at some of your youtubes, excellent excellent stuff, thanks.
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines