March 28, 2024, 06:55:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 2 with Collection 4, MIDI setup missing??  (Read 1855 times)

elmegil

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab 2 with Collection 4, MIDI setup missing??
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:45:32 am »
I just downloaded AL II as my Software Center said it was available to me with the Collection 4 setup.

I go to preferences, it says "MIDI Audio setup" but all it shows are audio devices.  The lower section (pictured in the manual and available to me elsewhere in other Arturia Software) is missing.  So even though I have my M-Audio USB Uno plugged in, and the Mac's Audio MIDI Setup sees it (and testing it works), I cannot get it to attach to Analog Lab II.

Is this a deliberate restriction because I haven't upgraded, or is there a glitch somewhere?

I definitely want to upgrade to collection 5, but the $200 isn't in my bank account right now and I was hoping to preview some of the new voices from AL II with more than just the on-screen keyboard.

OS/hardware details:
Mac OS X 10.9.5, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM

Mathieu Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab 2 with Collection 4, MIDI setup missing??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:29:34 am »
Is this a deliberate restriction because I haven't upgraded, or is there a glitch somewhere?
There's no restriction on MIDI devices, looks like this is a bug.

If you download the demo version of a V Collection 5 product (for example, Mini V 3), do you have the same problem ? Or is it just with Analog Lab 2 ?
(Note: installing the VC5 versions won' t overwrite your current versions, it's a separate install)

elmegil

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab 2 with Collection 4, MIDI setup missing??
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:44 pm »
I started down this path, but then it got to the actual installation and said "UPGRADE" all over it.

Not wanting to risk my existing version 4 base, so I aborted.

In a few months I may be able to afford to upgrade to version 5; I really do want to, it's just not budgeted right now.  I'll return to this when that happens, if there are any further MIDI problems.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines