March 29, 2024, 04:23:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Horrible sounding Pianos  (Read 25302 times)

seafoam green

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Horrible sounding Pianos
« on: May 22, 2016, 03:35:29 am »
I know they are just emulations ..., But ..., These are the worst sounding pianos V.I that I have ever heard .

Even if they were given out for free they'ed still suck

dhdhbyby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Horrible sounding Pianos
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 04:24:43 am »
Other than the Synclav, the other 4 "new" instruments are seriously underwhelming. Don't know why Arturia even bothered, They sound like filler just so they could call it V Collection V. I work in software development and easily recognize rushed, under developed/funded projects when I see them. Surprising that Arturia has these kinds of quality controal and design issues when their products have been excellent in the past. Very dissappointing.

Specifically, I have Lounge Lizard, NI B4, NI Pianos, Sampletank  and many others - all of these are much better sounding and are years older.

Dh

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 01:29:07 pm »
Hi, we appreciate the fact that the Piano V might not appeal to everybody’s taste, that being said there are a lot of users out there that already said that they loved how the piano V sounds :

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6468396&sid=64cd77e64bf01909206b7affe38a9edd#p6468396
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6467545#p6467545

As always, the way people perceive music instruments is quite subjective and we are sorry to hear that the piano V does not fit your personal tastes.
.......testing.......

dhdhbyby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:41:11 pm »
I understand tastes are different. I am just surprised these new instruments, in my opinion, do not come up to Arturias usual sonic standards. That being said, the Synclav is interesting but I will have to wait for better pricing for that one instrument. The exchange rate in Canada means my upgrade pricing is clsoer to $300 - too much for one instrument and some UI upgrades at the moment.

Thanks

DH

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 12:26:24 pm »
In the KVR forums, several people who initially hated the sound of the piano have reversed their opinion after doing some tweaking to the presets (particularly the EQ section). They now say that, while it's not a Pianoteq 5 killer, the piano really does sound decent enough, especially for a first go at physically modelling a piano. (whereas Pianoteq is a multi-sampled instrument)
Me? While I'm not particularly interested in having a piano, to my ears it sure does sound like a piano. :)
This space left intentionally blank.

Jake Johnson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »
(Pianoteq is not a multisampled instrument. Except for the hammer knock, it is modelled.)

jackn2mpu

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 02:51:29 pm »
I've played real physical pianos and the ones modeled are in no way even close to what a real piano sounds like. Sorry Arturia - you fell flat with these.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »
Compared to most hardware synths that have an included piano preset, I'd say these are far more advanced, especially for the price.

The Piano V on its own would cost $200 USD as posted https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/piano-v/overview 

To touch any other virtual piano out there, you'd have to spend upwards of $319 or higher for an equvalent version of Pianoteq stage or higher.

The Piano V is still a far cry better than the version included in Pro Tools.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

jackn2mpu

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 04:53:41 pm »
Compared to most hardware synths that have an included piano preset, I'd say these are far more advanced, especially for the price.

The Piano V on its own would cost $200 USD as posted https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/piano-v/overview 

To touch any other virtual piano out there, you'd have to spend upwards of $319 or higher for an equvalent version of Pianoteq stage or higher.

The Piano V is still a far cry better than the version included in Pro Tools.
This vi ain't worth the price being asked for it (which is the same prices as the whole V Collection 5 update). I guess it's okay if you don't have access to another library but I'd rather spend the money on something better. Like the NI pianos.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

passat88

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • the 88 is the year where the car was built
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 06:06:51 pm »
Most of the V-Piano Factory Presets sound like listening through a keyhole. No brilliance, no stereo feeling and no equalizing.
Why we do have microphones (1&2) at different positions, above the strings,along the key range, when there is no volume change playing different keys? Very poor emulation.
The Equalizer is not helpfull and the effect section is a Joke.
After changing  some parameters i found out that Metal Grand can sound like a Harph and Intimate Grand like an E-Piano (in the lower section of the keyboard).
By the way: the lid position can not be controled by mouse.

I bought this plugin together with the V5 Upgrade and i am  very disappointed of the quality.

I hope that Arturia will update this and the other plugins soon.
There are also control, midi and GUI bugs in the whole V-Collection 5.
For the Euro 199,-  for the V5 upgrade i expected a lot more.

aaron aardvark

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 06:39:34 am »
In the KVR forums, several people who initially hated the sound of the piano have reversed their opinion after doing some tweaking to the presets (particularly the EQ section). They now say that, while it's not a Pianoteq 5 killer, the piano really does sound decent enough, especially for a first go at physically modelling a piano. (whereas Pianoteq is a multi-sampled instrument)
Me? While I'm not particularly interested in having a piano, to my ears it sure does sound like a piano. :)

I tried looking around the Arturia portion of the kvr forums and did not find what you were talking about.  Do you have any links for that?  I came across some guy selling Piano-V patches; his samples sounded pretty good to me.  Since I'm more into synth sounds, I did not purchase them, but wondered what he did on those.  I've only tinkered with the effects on Piano-V since I figured Arturia could tweak the patches better than I could.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 05:44:33 pm »
I don't understand the mudslingery that comes with the introduction of a new product.

If you don't like it, then just don't buy it.  But some feel that they need to liberate the world of such product because it does not personally meet their demanding standards.

If you don't like it, great, that's your prerogative, but making a personal campaign to mudsling it rather than just humbly going on to use the product that you choose doesn't seem very tasteful in my opinion, especially when you consider who's forum it is.

If you prefer PianoTeq's software over Arturia's, then why not just go to PianoTeq's forum and praise their product rather than posting on Arturia's forum to trashtalk it?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

jackn2mpu

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 09:40:30 pm »
I don't understand the mudslingery that comes with the introduction of a new product.

If you don't like it, then just don't buy it.  But some feel that they need to liberate the world of such product because it does not personally meet their demanding standards.

If you don't like it, great, that's your prerogative, but making a personal campaign to mudsling it rather than just humbly going on to use the product that you choose doesn't seem very tasteful in my opinion, especially when you consider who's forum it is.

If you prefer PianoTeq's software over Arturia's, then why not just go to PianoTeq's forum and praise their product rather than posting on Arturia's forum to trashtalk it?
And who are you to say people can't post their honest negative feelings on a product? No one's making it a personal mudslinging campaign but rather letting others know that a product, to put it quite succinctly, sucks. Why shouldn't it be allowed to warn people off of buying a product and wasting their money? Sorry but I and others don't play the Pollyanna game for the precious snowflakes of the world.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 10:08:48 pm »

And who are you to say people can't post their honest negative feelings on a product? No one's making it a personal mudslinging campaign but rather letting others know that a product, to put it quite succinctly, sucks. Why shouldn't it be allowed to warn people off of buying a product and wasting their money? Sorry but I and others don't play the Pollyanna game for the precious snowflakes of the world.

I'm just saying, just because you can, doesn't mean that you should, especially on the host provider's site.  There are more appropriate sites to post negative feedback, ie; Harmony Central or KVR.  If you're having an issue with an item, then submitting a ticket is the most productive avenue, but if you simply a dissatisfied customer, there are other sites that are more tailored to that context ie; a consumer buying guide of sorts, with the two above sites being among them.

I didn't say that you couldn't post your honest negative feelings either.  I simply stated that I don't understand why this site versus one of the ones I just mentioned.  Seems like one of the other two sites would have more of your desired impact.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 11:24:04 pm »

I'm just saying, just because you can, doesn't mean that you should, especially on the host provider's site.  There are more appropriate sites to post negative feedback, ie; Harmony Central or KVR.  If you're having an issue with an item, then submitting a ticket is the most productive avenue, but if you simply a dissatisfied customer, there are other sites that are more tailored to that context ie; a consumer buying guide of sorts, with the two above sites being among them.

I didn't say that you couldn't post your honest negative feelings either.  I simply stated that I don't understand why this site versus one of the ones I just mentioned.  Seems like one of the other two sites would have more of your desired impact.
I can't see why I or anyone else should have to go to yet another site to post how one feels about a developer's product rather than the developer's own site? Not everyone belongs to KVR or Harmony Central or should have to to post about a product. Contrary to what you say posting on either of those sites doesn't begin to have the effect on a developer or an end user than posting on here.

I bet you feel the same way about people who post negative views about PT and Avid on the DUC right? I know you post there as do I.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines