March 19, 2024, 06:04:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Synclavier V... sampling missing ?  (Read 23100 times)

LBH

Re: The Synclavier V... sampling missing ?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 11:33:58 pm »
This said, if that's really what the Synclavier V users want, we may reconsider including the resynthesis engine in a v 2.0.

So not as a free update?

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 11:35:52 pm »
This said, if that's really what the Synclavier V users want, we may reconsider including the resynthesis engine in a v 2.0.

+1

It will turn this already amazing instrument into quite a beast.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 02:18:30 pm »

So not as a free update?
That's what it looks like unfortunately. I really, really, really want to see this added because without that it puts the lie to the thing of the Synclavier2 emulation being a faithful incarnation of the physical unit. To me the word faithful means being true to something and the current version is only part-way there.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Baptiste Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 02:48:14 pm »
I don't know if it will come as a free update or not, and thank god, that's not my job to think about this.
This is clearly hypothetical for now, nothing has been planned on our side, and this is not a quick feature to integrate.
We will see what the Synclavier V users community think about this in the future and we will try to do our best about it  ;)

jackn2mpu

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 03:05:33 pm »
I don't know if it will come as a free update or not, and thank god, that's not my job to think about this.
This is clearly hypothetical for now, nothing has been planned on our side, and this is not a quick feature to integrate.
We will see what the Synclavier V users community think about this in the future and we will try to do our best about it  ;)
This is unfortunate to say the least. To have a company say something is faithful to the original and it isn't and to further have said company say the feature (which should have been there to begin with) isn't even in the planning stages leaves me cold and without faith in said company. Looks like I'll be bypassing this VC5 upgrade at this time.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

wintersunproject

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 05:00:03 pm »
I think you might find your going to have a heavy number of users who want you to add the sampling side on, i cant think of a single person i know who would expect the synclavier to NOT have some kind of sample manipulation on it, for example the fairlight did FM synthesis, but you would hardly think of the fairlight as an FM synth, you would think sampler first.
If you made the plugin for a Fairlight and took away the sampling feature, you would get laughed out of here.
I personally think it should be a paid upgrade at worst, but one you should definitely implement in order to make it an authentic synclavier emulation, its something producers young and old out there have lusted after for as long as i can remember.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:02:03 pm by wintersunproject »

infront

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 06:17:27 pm »
Please work it out Arturia !  :)

We are needing you to bring us the Synclavier with everything like in the past.

Amalgamoth

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 07:42:25 pm »
A virtual fairlight would be brilliant too or a virtual emulator II.

Are you aware of UVI's Darklight IIX or Peter Vogel's Fairlight app for ios?
I don't think Arturia needs to make haste with a Fairlight VST.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 10:13:07 pm »
A virtual fairlight would be brilliant too or a virtual emulator II.

Are you aware of UVI's Darklight IIX or Peter Vogel's Fairlight app for ios?
I don't think Arturia needs to make haste with a Fairlight VST.
Difficult to tell what your reply was but I figured it out. Hard to believe but there are those of us who don't own an iOS device. As to the Darklight UVI vst emulation that one isn't even close to what a real Fairlight was.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:18:19 pm by jackn2mpu »
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

jackn2mpu

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 10:15:13 pm »
I think you might find your going to have a heavy number of users who want you to add the sampling side on, i cant think of a single person i know who would expect the synclavier to NOT have some kind of sample manipulation on it, for example the fairlight did FM synthesis, but you would hardly think of the fairlight as an FM synth, you would think sampler first.
If you made the plugin for a Fairlight and took away the sampling feature, you would get laughed out of here.
I personally think it should be a paid upgrade at worst, but one you should definitely implement in order to make it an authentic synclavier emulation, its something producers young and old out there have lusted after for as long as i can remember.
Agreed 10000% At least let us fly in our own samples.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

csbyron

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 03:13:00 am »
I totally agree, we NEED the Synclavier  RESYNTHESIS Engine to morph and mix Sampled Timbre slices
AND WAV/AIFF Sample Import for OSC sounds!

PLEASE , lets get this ASAP!

jmcecil

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 03:52:07 pm »
yep, bringing in samples and doing resampling would be super sweet. I don't know that actually being able to sample would be that big a deal as long as the resampling functions are there.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

Larsaf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 11:27:47 am »
if that's really what the Synclavier V users want, we may reconsider including the resynthesis engine in a v 2.0.
Please ;)

Oh yes. :)
V-Collection
Intel I7 PC 24 GB RAM, 3 x 24" Monitors, Win 7/64, Cubase

jackn2mpu

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 12:37:23 pm »
yep, bringing in samples and doing resampling would be super sweet. I don't know that actually being able to sample would be that big a deal as long as the resampling functions are there.
At least allow us to fly in our own samples; the Synclavier doesn't have to actually do the sampling.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

deb76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 04:02:56 pm »
Hi,

The Synclavier V does not allow to import your own samples in the time slice engine, you are right.
We've considered the option of integrating this feature in the software.
But we've chosen to focus on the FM and Additive engines which already offer a crazy wide range of sound design possibilities, especially combined with the time slice feature.

At least give it a try now if you are interested by this synth, you might be surprised.
Thanks for the explanation but the sampling/resynthesis is as much of a part of the soul of the Synclavier 2 as the additive and FM synthesis. It's what helped them compete against the Fairlight CMI and other systems out there. To see that it's not included is sad. There was only one other synth (the Farfisa) in V Collection 5 upgrade that would make me part with my cash for the upgrade. Now I have to think long and hard about purchasing this as it now stands.
I personally do not care functions Sampler in Synclavier Arturia. And I think you are rather unfair to the team that emulated the legendary synthesizer and worth a fortune. I for one thank them because it can get really complex, evolving timbres, and with a sound that sounds. It's a great plugin.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines