April 25, 2024, 09:56:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Import . minibank into V3?  (Read 12422 times)

jackn2mpu

Re: Import . minibank into V3?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 01:39:58 pm »
All well and fair BUT as evidenced on these forums that while the synths work a lot of them don't work correctly. Hard to get a job done when you don't know where the next formerly working feature doesn't work right.
hmmm... well, they are working fine on my systems+DAWs :)
I guess you don't care then that some of the synths have features that aren't working as they should. But then again you're a beta tester and beholden to Arturia. Step out of your ivory tower and actually READ what posters are saying here.
if I didn't care, I wouldn't be here collecting info about the issues being reported and checking them on my setups and provide either help if possible or validating/confirming them  because that's all I can do.

What I've seen so far was Arturia staff being as informative and helpful as they can, either explaining misconceptions and proper to use the existing features  (like the sustain pedal on Prophet), recognizing missing features that are planned for a free update (like B3's bass pedal) or acknowledging issues with solutions (like the gfx driver updates) or taking note of true bugs being reported by helpful users (like the Channel Aftertouch issue on Chords after the 1st NoteOFF).

Regarding this thread, it was already said that VC5 presets aren't compatible with previous versions (by design) and a conversion utility is being worked on. ...what else do you want ? :)
What do I (and others) want? We don't want some Arturia person to come on here and say things are functioning just fine on his/her system when people post here have problems with things that don't work out in the real world. What you posted that engendered my response to you does NOT acknowledge that there are genuine issues. You may well have a system that's optimized for running JUST Arturia s/w but most of us don't.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 02:48:19 pm »
What do I (and others) want? We don't want some Arturia person to come on here and say things are functioning just fine on his/her system when people post here have problems with things that don't work out in the real world. What you posted that engendered my response to you does NOT acknowledge that there are genuine issues. You may well have a system that's optimized for running JUST Arturia s/w but most of us don't.

1) I'm not "an Arturia person" :) ...I like most of their products as long as they do what I need them to do, just like I like other VST vendors products that work as well and get the job done on my setups.

2) I'm using a broad range of VSTs and when one of them doesn't work properly, I report that to the vendor with as much helpful details as possible to help to get to a fix. Should be a win-win situation... unless I see no interest in fixing the issue, then I drop that vendor from my "favorites" list. This hasn't happen yet with Arturia... this is why I'm still on this forum.

3) Probably, by beta testing the products on my systems, I'm making sure they work on them... this may explain why I'm not having as many issues.

4) My systems aren't "Arturia specific", eh, far from that. Besides Reason and Ableton Live I think I use a fair amount of VSTs from about 30 vendors that may contradict me optimizing my systems just to run Arturia (that would kinda defeat the purpose of beta testing it).

5) Speaking of "issues", like I already said:
5a) some were already recognized by "Arturia persons" ;) and from what I was able to read, are being worked on which will inevitably lead to fix updates, as usual with any software as complex as 17 virtual synths, some new, some reworked.
5b) Other "issues" are subjective (like people complaining they can't read the GUI text) although in some cases I agree (and pointed that out) that the colors being used aren't contrast friendly and text size could be reworked on some zoom levels.
5c) There's also the "issues" that simply aren't and those are being clarified and explained where possible.

An example that I've seen where users are complaining they aren't able to use the ARP2600 V3, Mini V3 and Modular V3 as effects. I believe they can't but the problem is, I can use them as effects... because my main DAW is Ableton Live.

So, what's working for some, probably isn't working for others. As I said, I can only state my personal experience, like everyone else is doing here.

It wouldn't be fair to anyone if only those with issues could post here.
If it's working for me, I'll say it is. If it's not, I'll say it too (already said during beta).

All we can do now is wait for the "Arturia people" to round those issues up, see where are the specific cases where things don't work on what systems (OS/DAW) and come up with the fixes.

Getting back to the topic (because this thread was about "Import . minibank into V3" I think the OP was hopefully clarified on the "issue" where currently it isn't possible to import banks from pre-VC5 instruments but Arturia already told us that it's working on a preset converter.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:01:10 pm by Koshdukai »

thefra

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 08:50:53 pm »
Yes, my OP is clarified and i hope it will not take until V6 ( 6 months? ;)) to make the Import Feature available.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 07:13:52 pm »
Hi all , Arturia are working on a converter for vol4 to vcol5 presets they hope to release next week if all goes well.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

jackn2mpu

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 07:25:11 pm »
Hi all , Arturia are working on a converter for vol4 to vcol5 presets they hope to release next week if all goes well.

Terrym
Freebie I hope? And thanks for the news.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

jeffbart

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 06:31:06 am »
To answer original question, yes you can. There is a preset converter available under V Collection / Resources.

https://www.arturia.com/v-collection/resources

--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines