March 28, 2024, 11:21:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Change Pattern Length for Song  (Read 2060 times)

BuleriaChk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Change Pattern Length for Song
« on: April 21, 2016, 09:25:32 pm »
It doesn't make much sense to have to change the pattern lengths in a song one by one; it is a real PITA.  I write a lot of stuff in 3/4 (12 steps), and having to change pattern lengths individually in the factory songs is a PAIN, if I am to use them as springboards for my own stuff (or even performing).

FIX IT.....!!  ???

oopsi

Re: Change Pattern Length for Song
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 06:08:22 pm »
+1 for tying sequencer pattern lengths but with the option to allow different lengths if required.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:34:33 pm »
If you copy patterns and quickly clear/delete your drums, it makes this easier. You can also save a blank set of patterns in various time signatures and start with those when you have a new idea.

jmcecil

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 03:36:36 pm »
If you copy patterns and quickly clear/delete your drums, it makes this easier. You can also save a blank set of patterns in various time signatures and start with those when you have a new idea.
This is actually good advice.  Thank You.  I was sort of doing this already, but not consciously or with a plan.  I was just copying in patterns of various kinds into a song to pull out as needed.  Funny how you can be doing something without actually taking advantage of it.  But, I had to do the extra clear step or mute or whatever to get it loaded in rhythm. 
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines