March 29, 2024, 01:14:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pianos sounding very muddy upon starting DAW  (Read 4357 times)

Dugrok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Pianos sounding very muddy upon starting DAW
« on: July 05, 2016, 03:53:05 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm using Reaper as my DAW. I bought the new V collection a few weeks ago and was very excited about the piano library. I'm running into a strange problem however : when I save and exit a session where I have recorded Piano V, the sound is very muddy when I come back. This is the same no matter what piano I use and all of the settings. It's almost as if Piano V was removing all the high and drowning the sound in reverb (more than the GUI would normally allow). To work around the problem, I just have to manually reset my piano sounds... but same problem happens every time I exit.

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Pianos sounding very muddy upon starting DAW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:16:35 am »
HI Dugrok, welcome on this board.

just verified it , and i can unfortunately confrim this. The problem happens with the VST3 version. VST2 works fine. Looking the action and mix sections, it appears the EQ parameters are set to zero, so as Reverb ,Strings, Hammers, noises, mechanics.
You are a on a windows os right? i also tested every format in reaper for mac. No issue here.

So as a temporary workaround, i suggest you work with the VST2 version of the piano.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Dugrok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 11:49:30 pm »
Bonjour Germain, merci pour ça!

I will try this when I get a few minutes this week and report back. Thanks again!

aaron aardvark

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:11:59 am »
I own the V-Collection 5 (I used to own V-Collection 3).  How do you select the VST2 version of Piano-V?  I have Cubase AI 8, Mac OSX 10.9.5.  On my Cubase Plug-in Manager it only shows Piano-V with VST3.5.2
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:15:39 am by aaron aardvark »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 02:44:50 pm »
I own the V-Collection 5 (I used to own V-Collection 3).  How do you select the VST2 version of Piano-V?  I have Cubase AI 8, Mac OSX 10.9.5.  On my Cubase Plug-in Manager it only shows Piano-V with VST3.5.2

I will guess if you put the VST3 version in another folder that Cubase do not read, and you have your VST2 in a folder that Cubase do read, then you'll have the VST2 availble.
I guess if you have both VST2 and 3 in folders Cubase read, then only VST3 is availble for use.

Unless you can disable Cubase to read individual VSTs, then i'll guess you need to remove the VST3 so it's no availble for Cubase.

Also you can choose not to install VST3 during the install. That will be good as long you don't need it as a update again will put the VST back into Cubase so you can't read the VST2.

But im thinking, that this perhaps will cause problems if wanting to use VST3s later on. Will the VST2 you only have used as a working reserve be replaced by the VST3 when you wan't to use this again without issues, or will the VST2 used in the project not be found for the project?
Will the VST2 used in the project be loaded even if if it's not availble in the DAW when the VST3 is availble/ enabled? Afterall the paths for the two VSTs are not the same.
Arturia please inform about this.

EDIT: I have heard that The VST3 plug-in format lets you define if the VST3 version should replace the VST2 version. Is this true? If so - Then perhaps it would be a good idea and a solution if side.by-side installation was allowed.
Side-by-side installation can be messy. I would like to use the VST3s - but they' have to work - also MIDI wise. More work is needed on this. EDIT END.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:24:26 pm by LBH »

Home Studio 87

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 01:23:23 pm »
It would be cool if Arturia can make VST2 & VST3 coexist in the same DAW system like many other plugin manufacturer, then we can choose what plugin to put in our DAW !
Intel i7 2600k/16go DDR3/Seven x64/RME Multiface/2x UAD2 Duo/TC Powercore/Cubase 7 x64/Steinberg CMC/Remote SL/Faderport/etc...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines