April 19, 2024, 02:20:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Wacom Tablet not supported in ARP2600 V3  (Read 2688 times)

craftycurate

[Solved] Wacom Tablet not supported in ARP2600 V3
« on: May 20, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »
Hi

None of the new synths I've trialled support Wacom tablet input.

There's something about the new shared interface for the symth updates that does not accept Wacom input. The GUI elements do not highlight when hovering, and they do not respond when clicked.

Is this going to be fixed soon?

Thanks
Richard
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:15:08 am by Vic-tor »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Wacom Tablet not supported in ARP2600 V3
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 04:46:28 am »
I'd be checking your drivers on that issue, since a Wacom tablet functions on an OS level. I don't see how or why a VST wouldn't work with it.
This is very unusual.
This space left intentionally blank.

craftycurate

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 02:16:58 pm »
Not so ... the software has to be able to handle absolute mouse pointer coordinates which you get from a tablet rather than relative ones generated by a mouse, trackpad etc. It's down to individual software packages to support this or not. Drivers are up to date in any case.

Virtually every other software package functions properly with the Wacom, so it can't be a driver\OS issue.

Anyone from Arturia able to shed light on this?

Thanks
Richard
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:18:45 pm by craftycurate »

Pierre Arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 01:49:33 pm »
Hi Richard,

This issue is quite surprising, since the way we handle mouse inputs has not really changed for a couple of years. We haven't been focusing on tablet integration lately, thus I cannot ensure you that they should be compatible with any brand of tablets, but I would really like to have more infos on:
  • what version of which plugin you were using that worked with your tablet
  • what actions are not working at the moment ? only the hover ? (there is no more tooltip, the value of parameters are shown in the status bar at the bottom of the screen) or is it also impossible to drag a slider and such ?

Please PM me if you want to help us figuring out what is not working, and hopefully we'll fix it in the upcoming updates.
Pierre

craftycurate

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 02:14:31 pm »
HI Pierre

Thanks for your message. I am using the trial versions of the Arturia plugins and the full version of Analog Lab 2.

There is no mouse response at all when using the VST versions inside Ableton Live 9 x32 on Win 7x64 Pro. I will create a support ticket at Ableton for this.

I have just tried the standalone versions and these seem to work OK with the Wacom tablet.

Thanks
Richard

craftycurate

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 01:17:35 am »
Solved now in case anyone else is hitting this issue.

Turn off "Use Windows Ink" in your Wacom settings and Wacom input is restored.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines