March 28, 2024, 01:00:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Black screen  (Read 21401 times)

Lil Hoss Big Jake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Black screen
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 05:20:40 pm »
If you haven't done so yet, a few of the modules that have been updated. That fixed my black screen on those particular ones.

Barry

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 09:09:57 am »
Hi rickshapiro,
This issue should be fixed for the :
Wurli 2.0.1
AnalogLab 2.0.1
Mini 2.0.1
Jup-8 3.0.1
Prophet 3.0.1
Modular 3.0.1
SEM 2.0.1

We will soon update the rest of the VCollection 5 and this should fix your issue.
No need to buy a new graphic card  ;)
.......testing.......

AlexanderR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 01:32:40 pm »
These 7 updated ones all work fine here now!
We will soon update the rest of the VCollection 5 and this should fix your issue.
This is nice, thank you Arturia. :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:35:14 pm by AlexanderR »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 11:49:15 am »
Hi All,
New versions of all our plugins are now available in the ArturiaSoftwareCenter.
Those versions should fix your issue now for all the plugins.
Best
Ben
.......testing.......

Vaggelis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: [Solved] Black screen
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 02:11:56 pm »
Hello from me too!! I'm a new member here, and I just bought the V Collection 5. I already had the V Collection 4 without any problems,
but for some reason I have the same problem with the black screen for the 5 edition plugins. I purchased them today so they are all up to date,
but the problem is still there. Sound but no image of the plugin, only black screen when you open it.
Also, I downloaded the Analog Lab 2, because I purchased also a keylab controller, and when I opened it in the first time it run perfectly.
Now I have a problem, without altering anything on my pc.

Is there another solution to this? My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 and PC Intel Core i5 @ 2.8 GHz with 12 GB Ram, working on 64bit and Service Pack 1.

Please I would appreciate some feedback on this.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:13:43 pm by Vaggelis »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 02:27:15 pm »
Hi Vaggelis,

Are you sure you are running the latest version ?
Open your ArturiaSoftwareCenter and double check that there's no new versions available.

Did you try to update your graphic card driver ?
.......testing.......

Vaggelis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »
Thanks Ben for the quick reply!! Just downloaded the latest drivers for the card (thought I had them) and everything seems to be working excellent!
Good work!! Greetings from Athens!

AlexanderR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 08:46:50 pm »
Noooooo.
I just installed all the new versions.
Now all of them have black screen. :(

I can see the menus if  I click at the right place in the dark.  :'(

What happened?
What have you done Arturia?

I reinstalled AnalogLab2 v 2.0.1.51 (the version before the latest one)
Then I got my GUI back. But I can not edit the instruments.
The instruments are the latest version and seems not to be editable with older AnalogLab2 version, the edit function is just not there at all.

I guess I must reinstall older versions of the instruments again (only 6 of them worked with GUI)?

GPU: Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500MHD
GPU Driver: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Driver date is march 11 2013 in Windows 10. This gives OpenGL 2.0 issues (old and only available driver).
Laptop from 2009.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:11:47 pm by AlexanderR »

cucurbitaceae

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 02:57:47 am »
Hello I've just bought V Collection 5, I've installed it in my Mac Mini (2012 model Intel i7) and everything works fine, but in my Windows 10 64 Bit Laptop I can't see the GUI of the VSTs, the screen only shos a black screen; it happens only with Ableton Live 9 64Bit, when i run the standalone program i can see the graphics, also when I run the VSTs with Reaper 64Bit I can see the GUI, the problem is with Ableton. BTW the other VSTs I have installed work fine with Ableon Live.

My Laptop Is an ASUS Zenbook from 2011, Runs Windows 10 64bit and has an intel i7 1.80 GHz
HD Graphiccs 3000 (There's no Update for graphics Driver since 2012, so updating is not an option)

I really Hope there's a solution, I use the lap to play live and the Mac Mini in my studio.

Sorry, english is not my main language.

StudioAnnur

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 12:10:44 am »
I just upgraded from V-Collection 4 to 5 and I'm having the same black screen issues as everyone else on this thread. Apparently Arturia is in no hurry to fix this glitch. Had I  known I would have to empty my wallet to get a new GUI (or a new PC) in order to actually use the VC5, I wouldn't have bothered with the purchase. Fortunately, I still have VC4 which works fine with my 'old' GUI. The computer I'm running it on is Dell Inspiron 560, Windows 10 Home x64 OS, Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.20Ghz CPU, and Intel G45/ G43 Express Chipset WDDM1.1 GUI. The final driver update for this GUI was issued 3/11/13 which was the 8.15.10.2702 update that it has now. Arturia wasn't aware I guess, or didn't care, that many of us don't have the newest, just-came-out-this-year, computers and graphics cards to work with when they decided to change the graphics. I hope they will get this problem fixed soon so that we can all enjoy the benefits of VC5.

Lil Hoss Big Jake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:53 am »
I tested a couple of updates that seem to have fixed this a few days ago.

Arturia is working hard, but the problem was deeper than thought.

I think they are fixing all of the instruments before they release updates.

I use a Dell Inspiron that looks close to yours in specs although I do not have them memorized. Apparently the WDDM1.1 is the issue 

Barry

StudioAnnur

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 01:55:01 am »
Since I last posted, I picked up a fairly cheap, basic (PNY Nvidia GT730) PCI express card and installed it. ($80- I'm sure there are even cheaper Nvidia or AMD cards that will do the trick.) All VC5 synths can now be seen and work fine. I recommend anyone using the old Intel WDDM1.1 chipset to pick up a new PCI express graphics card in the $50-$100 range a.nd install it. Just check your computer's specs before purchase to make sure it's compatible. Inconvenient I know, but at least you don't have to buy a new PC or waste money on a GPU designed for hard-core gaming to use VC5.

cucurbitaceae

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 03:47:34 am »
Whatever change you've made to the graphics in the latest version of Mini V3 (3.0.3.147) you should apply it to all the other instruments, 'cause the black screen is finally gone and i can see the VST gui (at least in my computer, sandy bridge intel grapics 3000)
thanks

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2016, 12:24:53 pm »
Seeing this a lot with other vendors supplying graphics written with Open GL, strikes me that someone somewhere is not doing enough research into legacy compatibility.

Yes I am up to date with my graphics drivers but I still get blank GUI's sometimes and sometimes not, such inconsistency is just unacceptable.
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 05:05:38 pm »
Just to update following an earlier post

I have the latest drivers for my Nvidia GeForce 210 and it does support the Open GL language.  Running Win 10 Home ver 1511 Build 10586.494 SONAR Platinum 2016.07.

This is what I am seeing,
1. Insert any of the V5 collection into S-Plat Vst 3 flavour plug
2. I get the GUI window filled with a white void ie.e blank.
3. Save the project close S-Plat
4. Open S-Plat and the project and low and behold I get the GUI as it should be.

I always get the GUI if I open the 32 bit Standalone.

I trust the fix is soon as this is frustrating.

Let see if the post sticks as well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:51:51 pm by Wookiee »
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines