March 29, 2024, 06:28:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A clip of what?  (Read 1661 times)

rnb0

• Apprentice
A clip of what?
« on: January 15, 2022, 12:22:36 am »
In response to an issue requiring tech support, Arturia is asking me for a video of the problem.   The reported problem is that if I repower my Keylab while the PC is powered, sometime shortly thereafter, under various circumstances (closing the DAW, moving an encoder on the board, or just randomly) the PC bluescreens.   I'm trying to imagine what a video of my cursing at my machine would add to the problem solving process.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: A clip of what?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 09:00:49 am »
This sounds more like a hardware issue with your PC than anything to do with the Keylab. The Keylab is just a midi controller. No data sent by a midi controller should make your computer do a BSOD.

But you said the issue only happens if you power-cycle the Keylab while your PC is on. Accepting that your PC should not respond in this way, you have your solution right there.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

HaraldS

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 11:18:45 pm »
This very much looks like a USB power issue - perhaps the main board or computer power supply.

rnb0

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 12:18:40 pm »
For those aiming me at a PC solution, this happens with this device on three different PCs.

Thanks anyways.

ellapurnell

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 07:40:51 am »
This very much looks like a USB power issue  retro bowl unblocked perhaps the main board or computer power supply.
me too

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines