March 28, 2024, 09:55:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 2 - Open individual synths  (Read 12631 times)

DamienMFO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab 2 - Open individual synths
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:23:46 pm »
Hey, just downloaded Analog Lab 2 today. I love the new layout!

I'm curious though: In the old version, you could open the actual synth to manipulate all of the parameters if needed, but that function doesn't seem to be in the new version. How do you do this in version 2, or is it not possible? I've only been fiddling with it for a half hour or so, so maybe I just haven't found it yet...

Zoftware

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab 2 - Open individual synths
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:22:47 pm »
I'm having the same problem too and it's really annoying.

If there's a way to open the instruments I already own within Analog Lab 2, like how they did in the original Lab, it's not working but according to Arturia it should:
"Then, if you want to make mods beyond the most common controls we’ve surfaced, with a click you can go directly into edit mode for the full V-series instrument if you own a license for it."

Is there some secret to this?

Tausendberg

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 12:27:46 am »
Sounds like a licensing glitch.

vaikl

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 12:30:58 am »
Yep, on my screen two buttons in the upper right corner under the task bar of AL2 are missing, one of them should be the Show Instrument/Edit button, according to the screen shots on the Arturia web. I have tried it with standalone and VSTi in Live 9, both the same. No licensing errors are shown, all my licenses are on their latest versions (in Software Center).

The worst thing could be that we have to buy or update to the V5 Collection to get this working :P :-X

Have opened a ticket now, waiting... ???

vaikl

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 12:42:43 am »
Aah, after some searching in the web FAQ, it seems that we have to download and install complete new V3 versions of all legacy instruments (V4 and earlier). I can see and download them from my web account, but not from inside the Software Center :-X

Oh no, wait, after installing the V3 instruments show up as Demo versions with only a "Buy" button >:( >:( >:( >:( So Alesis is fooling us again with the need to update when using AL2 >:(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:47:37 am by vaikl »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 12:56:00 am »
Yeah. Having to buy the upgrades kinda pisses me off too.
We've all been waiting for these for so long, and when they finally drop them (as V Collection 5, which I don't really care about. the new instruments don't particularly interest me. I mean ... a piano? seriously?)
I want the updated V4 synths enough that I will likely drop the cash on them, and be rather irritated and disappointed about having to do so.
I hope there's enough user discontent that Arturia changes their tune and lets all us V4 owners just have the goddamned upgrades. >:(
For now, then, I see absolutely no reason to install Analog Lab 2. None whatsover.
Thanks Arturia. Great. >:(  :'(

EDIT: Okay ... I am interested in the Synclavier .. that's it tho :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:20:07 am by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

kcearl

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 05:11:56 am »
what, we cant open the synths in AL2 without buying the upgrade?

between that and the ability to resize the GUI not being a point, but a paid upgrade, Arturia has seen the last of my money on the v collection.

Actually the GUI upgrade complaint deserves a thread of its own

Mathieu Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 11:41:35 am »
Hello,

The button to open the instrument view is located here:
Single

Multi

In order to open an instrument in Analog Lab 2, you need to have a licence for the V Collection 5 version of this instrument, and you also need to have it installed on your computer.

• Why does Analog Lab work only with the VC5 upgrades ?
The first Analog Lab opened the synth as VST to be able to play their sounds and show their GUI. This meant that loading a preset was sometimes really long because it needed to instantiate the whole VST. Analog Lab 2 is able to directly use the lightweight audio engines of each instruments, making it way faster at loading presets. Unfortunately this means it can't work with the older versions, because only the newest version of the synth have the technology to do this. It was not a simple choice to drop the compatibility, but in the end it's really what make Analog Lab 2 faster and more stable.
  • Why do I need to have licence to open the synth in Analog Lab 2 ?
It's actually the same as an Analog lab 1: if you don't have a licence, you can still play the sounds and tweak the main parameters from the Analog Lab controls. But if you want to fully edit you synth sound, then you need a licence. And because of the previous point, then yes, you need a licence for the VC5 version.
  • Why do I need to install the synth in order to open it in Analog Lab 2 ?
As you might have noticed, with the new GUI our plugins have gained a few megabytes. Analog Lab 2 only installs what's absolutely needed to play the sounds, but not all the GUIs. Including all GUIs in Analog Lab would means a 6GB+ installer, which is not acceptable, especially since most people that own an individual plug-in would install it in addition to Analog Lab anyway.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:51:11 am by Mathieu Arturia »

vaikl

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 12:16:59 pm »
Dear Matthieu,

that all sounds logical and makes sense in a technical way - but where in hell is that explained to all existing V4 customers in Arturia's marketing bla, on the web or in your sales mails???? Now having a working Analog Lab version with several things fixed we are begging and complaining for since years means that we all should pay for an upgrade, even if our last V4 buy was only some months ago?????

No way, let me get out of this trickster hut... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

kcearl

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 11:05:33 pm »
is there anyway of just upgrading single instruments in v4 to use in AL2 instead of the whole lot?

I know owners of single instruments only have to pay $9.99 to upgrade individuals

vaikl

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 11:30:32 pm »
is there anyway of just upgrading single instruments in v4 to use in AL2 instead of the whole lot?

I know owners of single instruments only have to pay $9.99 to upgrade individuals

Don't know if the single update works, but inside your licenses list (in MyAccount on the web) there's an option under the V4 collection saying that you can upgrade all of your V4 instruments for 99,- € instead of 199,- € for the complete V5 upgrade. It's valid until 1st of July.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 11:59:46 pm »

From what I can see, updated individual synths will cost $150. .... EACH! .... so the $99 is the best deal at this point.
quite disappointing :(
This space left intentionally blank.

kcearl

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 04:59:45 am »

Don't know if the single update works, but inside your licenses list (in MyAccount on the web) there's an option under the V4 collection saying that you can upgrade all of your V4 instruments for 99,- € instead of 199,- € for the complete V5 upgrade. It's valid until 1st of July.

yeah I dont want to fork out $99 for the couple of plugs Id likely use. No interest in presets or the moog V's filter, just want the resizable GUI

If single plug in users can update individually for $9.99 I dont see why V4 owners shouldnt be able to either

G Bi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 05:26:52 pm »
Sorry guys I am a bit confused
I just bought keylab 49 wich includes Analog Lab, but even in Analog Lab 1 I can't seem to open individual synths like Modular i.e. Is this normal, I mean not all of the synths included in Analog Lab 1 can be opened as an emulation?
If so I have to purchase Modular in order to be able to open it individually ?(and not only as presets?)
Because I am a bit confused when I get to the site I can see the offer for A.L.2 upgrade as 299 € (same price as I bought the controller itself so I am wondering if it's worth byuing the whole package or just the synth I m interested into)

G Bi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 05:38:45 pm »
Seeing the features of Analog Lab 2 says " Full preset editing available for owners of the full versions of our synthesizers (Mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, Wurlitzer V, etc.)"

so that means that only when having the v collection you get acces to all synth? (or when buying them individually?)
or will I also have full access with just the Analog Lab?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines