April 16, 2024, 03:14:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Opinions sought on whether Arturia should expand MIDI Tx capability?  (Read 1730 times)

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
Okay, so we know that the Keylab 88 (not sure about other models) can not transmit on more than two channels (outside of Analog Lab) . So how many folks would like a firmware upgrade to enable transmission of midi on four or more channels?

I mean, if Arturia can alter the PSU (via firmware upgrade) to now accept a 9v psu OR a 5.5v PSU, then surely they can add extra MIDI transmission channels, yes?

What do others think?

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
I thought the thread title was clear enough...dunno why folks look at ther thread and then post nothing??? I mean it's nto liek you HAVE to read the thread to know what is being asked!

Although it is indicative of how slack people are on this forum. It really is one of the slowest I have ever come across. And the lack of Arturia staff involvement (for a factory forum) is astonishing!

Tausendberg

For what it's worth, just speaking for myself personally, I don't consider transmitting across more channels to be a priority. ymmv

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
Thanks for your view :)

But imagine if you wanted to play three different instruments, but not layer them...example an EP for comping through verses and chorus but then a guitar patch for a solo...sure one can insert a controller pedal and the like, but having an autonomous channel available, to me, give far more flexibility. And after all most modern controllers (and keyboards) can transmit on multiple  (more than two which has been available for like, forever!!) channels.

jmcecil

My preference would be to enable a previous/next channel function using the buttons on the controller instead of having to do the menu dive. 
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
My preference would be to enable a previous/next channel function using the buttons on the controller instead of having to do the menu dive.

Yep that is a good idea too, and relatively easy to do via a firmware upgrade to be able to assign that function to the buttons. I could see it being able to be done in conjunction with the expanding of the Channel Tx capability.

I suspect not a lot will be done as Arturia really are after forcing people to use analog lab in the hope they will upgrade ($$$'s) to better versions of instruments and/or buy any future releases of VST's that will ONLY run in Analog Lab. Which in my view is okay as long as they have world class "bread and butter" sounds like Acoustic PIanos and Electric Pianos, Basses, guitars, strings etc etc, and not just all the electronic s@#t!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines