March 28, 2024, 08:06:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ISpark App to be controlled by Blueboard  (Read 3927 times)

moniz.m@gmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ISpark App to be controlled by Blueboard
« on: July 05, 2016, 01:10:11 am »
Hi,

I recently acquired iSpark and wanted to control transport using iRig Blueboard which uses the IOS app by iRig. How do i assign play and stop or perhaps song mode control to Blueboard app. It needs the MIDI CC number and i can't seem to find that information.

moniz

padbury

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • You can twist perceptions. Reality won't budge.
Re: ISpark App to be controlled by Blueboard
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:27:31 am »

(Disclaimer) In my limited experience of using MIDI, I offer the following:

I don't think it's a MIDI Control Change (CC) number.
It's probably a MIDI Machine Code (MMC) parameter value which would be used for starting and stopping device "transport".
The MIDI universal MMC values for start and stop are 01 & 02, which are not a CC numbers but MMC mode parameters.
STOP (01)
PLAY Play (02)
These values are communicated on MIDI channel 127 which is one of the MIDI channels reserved for Channel Mode Messages.
The Arturia BeatStep Hardware, which talks natively to iSpark (give one a go, they are cheap), definately uses MMC 01 & 02 on channel 127 for transport control - start & stop, it's stated in the manual on page 37.
This strongly implies that iSpark would be listening on channel 127 for MMC 01 & 02 to start and stop.
http://downloads.arturia.com/products/beatstep/manual/BeatStep_Manual_1_0_1_EN.pdf
The BlueBoard can send MIDI Program Changes and MIDI Control Changes according to the website.
That doesn't specifically mean transport messages, but instead implies you can change a program,
so maybe you can't start or stop iSpark because BlueBoard doesn't do MMC, but you might be able to change the preset or pattern on iSpark with the BlueBoard.
I see on the IK website that BlueBoard does on / off, but I believe that is a MIDI Control Change (MCC), to toggle just switches on or off, like reverb or mute.
Prophet-Modular-Mini-Jupiter-CS80-ARP2600-Spark-Wurlitzer-SEM
M-Audio Venom 49 key Synth&Vyzex editor
"The Player" 25 key keyboard
Alesis SR18beatbox
SoundBITEmicro
TraktorAudio2
Live9-Sibelius7
M-Audio MobilePre A2DInterface
MOTU micro MIDI & ClockWorks
Alienware M11x Core i7 1.5GHz-8GB RAM-Win7x64

moniz.m@gmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ISpark App to be controlled by Blueboard
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:48:01 am »
Thank You padbury, will give it a go.

moniz

moniz.m@gmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
moniz.m@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 04:12:01 am »
Hi Padbury,

I did tried programing Blueboard (BB) to iSpark and i do see iSpark recognize the BB. But on BB app for iPad i don't see MMC mode. Channels go up to 16. I always thought MIDI has 16 channels, but it appears there are probable 127 channels which i don't see available on BB app.

Any elaboration on these lines would be helpful to understand MIDI in general.

Thanks,
moniz

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines