March 29, 2024, 07:15:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to adjust sample layer velocity?  (Read 1727 times)

How to adjust sample layer velocity?
« on: May 14, 2016, 11:56:37 pm »
Hi, I feel like I used to be able to do this, but not anymore. I am working on my own drumset and I want 2 layers triggered by pad velocity. I seem to be able to do this just fine, but there is no threshold setting! Or is there? I feel dumb, I've done this before on an older version but I can't find it. Shouldnt there be a knob for it by the sampler?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: How to adjust sample layer velocity?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 10:23:57 pm »
Yeah, the sampler not intuitive at all, and lacking some needed, even basic, features. The sampler really needs some work. Badly.  :-\ ... I hope they're on top of this, or at least listening to us; somewhere, somehow.
But no. There appears to be no way to adjust the threshold. Nor can I personally tell any difference between Velocity and Threshold modes.
I swear I read about being able to do so in the manual, but looking thru it just now I can see nothing about that. Perhaps I'm thinking of the manual for the previous version, Spark (which, in some ways, appears to be "better" than Spark2. I've seriously considered installing it, as I have the disc that came with my CDM)
This space left intentionally blank.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:27:06 pm »
When I started, I think i was on spark 1.6 or 1.7 and I think threshold mode HAD a knob to adjust how velocity interacts with your mulitple layers of samples. It s really the only way to sound like an actual drum. I was doing a snare drum, and had a 3 layers of hits, I want the soft to happen when you hit the pad slightly, and the loud one when you hit it hard. It only makes sense.......I feel like we lost this feature. Arturia, please adjust this.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 11:45:17 pm »
When I started, I think i was on spark 1.6 or 1.7 and I think threshold mode HAD a knob to adjust how velocity interacts with your mulitple layers of samples. It s really the only way to sound like an actual drum. I was doing a snare drum, and had a 3 layers of hits, I want the soft to happen when you hit the pad slightly, and the loud one when you hit it hard. It only makes sense.......I feel like we lost this feature. Arturia, please adjust this.
Well it still can do that, using either velocity or threshold modes (tho for the life of me i can't figure out the difference between the two)
You just can't set the specific velocities at which you'd like samples triggered. It seems to just auto-dived the velocity into even sections.
So it works, it's just not adjustable.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines