March 28, 2024, 09:54:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Newbie - Sorry - RUSH Presets  (Read 5563 times)

mdlweb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Newbie - Sorry - RUSH Presets
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:38:50 pm »
I'm new to the forum and to the Synth world, so please be patient.
I purchased the Analog Lab bundle and am running it through a
Nektar P4 Controller. I'm also a huge RUSH fan (since the late 70's).
I am looking to find presets to various RUSH songs. At the moment, Sub Divisions in
particular. Can someone tell me where I might start looking.

Any help would be great - Thanks!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Newbie - Sorry - RUSH Presets
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 08:11:29 pm »
There is one for download in the older Analog Lab section, but I don't it works with newer file formats.

I'll dig around, since I'm a huge RUSH fan and have made some of my own Subdivisions presets (One for verses, one for the solo) as well as some Taurus pedal presets.

It may take me a few days to gather them all together in such a way as to send them to you simultaneously.

Here's the link to the older one anyway.

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=12510.msg31518#msg31518

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:13:45 pm by TonyFlyingSquirrel »
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

mdlweb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:36:30 pm »
Sorry TonyFlyingSquirrel...... Found the REPLY button at the bottom

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:46:50 pm »
The link provided by TonyFlyingSquirrel is a link for a Scene file for Analog Laboratory - not for Analog Lab. Think he forgot.
While waiting for TonyFlyingSquirrel's sounds you search for sounds to use in your Analog Lab. You might have to tweek.

The solo sound in Rush Subdivisions is a Minimoog originally. Later on they used another synth. Try Mini V leads.  Also you can search Oberheim Leads. Perhaps SEMs OB lead sounds. Perhaps even blend a Mini C and a Oberheim sound.
The polysynth sound is a Oberheim. Try Matrix and SEM Brass, Strings and Synth sounds.

It can be hard to find the excact sounds. Especially the Minimoog lead i believe. But you can come very close, especially with the Oberheim poly sound.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:33:39 pm by LBH »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:30:55 pm »
The link provided by TonyFlyingSquirrel is a link for a Scene file for Analog Laboratory - not for Analog Lab. Think he forgot.
While waiting for TonyFlyingSquirrel's sounds you search for sounds to use in your Analog Lab. You might have to tweek.

The solo sound in Rush Subdivisions is a Minimoog. Try Mini V leads.
The polysynth sound is a Oberheim. Try Matrix and SEM Brass, Strings and Synth sounds.

It can be hard to find the excact sounds. Especially the Minimoog lead i believe. But you can come very close, especially with the Oberheim sound.

My memory recalls now, thank you for the clarification,

My presets are on the individual models.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:41:45 pm »

My memory recalls now, thank you for the clarification,

No problem. We all forget sometimes.  And i can btw also get mixed up between Analog Lab and Analog Laboratory and forget if someone have the individual models or not.

Cheers

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 10:27:12 pm »
Cool thing is though, if you have the V-collection, you can compile a pair of presets from the various V collection to create your own scene.

I actually have both, as I made a Taurus pedal preset on one of the Moogs for the bass zone, and use it in both of my Subdivisions "Scenes".

One preset is polyphonic on the iSem for the chords.
One preset is monophonic on the iSem for the solo.

Add the Moog Taurus to the appropriate iSem for "Subdivisions" Chord Scene.
Do the same for the solo.

Then you can drag/drop it into the live set, and just scroll through them one at a time for the gig, presuming you list them according to your set list.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines