March 29, 2024, 01:51:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab on multiple tracks?  (Read 4514 times)

dobrojoe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab on multiple tracks?
« on: April 17, 2016, 01:43:56 am »
I have just got a KeyLab25 and I'm using Logic Pro 10. I can play the sounds in Analog Lab but I want to build-up multiple tracks with different instruments and play them back together. Is this possible? If so, how, I've been trying all night.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Analog Lab on multiple tracks?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »
Yes you can but you shouldn't use too much instance of the same plugin, i would say 3 is the max.
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Analog Lab on multiple tracks?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:23:39 pm »
Yes you can but you shouldn't use too much instance of the same plugin, i would say 3 is the max.

One workaround to this, if I may, is to record the audio right away, then "inactivate" the instrument instance, if using Pro Tools.
It no longer is acting like an Virtual Instrument as the Instrument has now been recorded.
This will save on processing power, allowing you to move onto the next virtual instrument as needed.

Nice thing about this is, you're not fully committed to that audio.  If you decide later that you need to perform some MIDI edits on that track, you can "re-activate" it, make your edits, and re-record that audio.  When satisfied with the performance of that track, you can then, commit it and treat it like any other audio-only track, ready for mix down.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines